Watford

VillaChris

• 6 months later...

Mazzarri gone, looks like they want Marco Silva to replace him

though it does sound like loveable Troy Deeney has played a role in it

Edited by Zatman

Been amazed all season Watford haven't been in more relegation trouble.

Some of the worst games of the season have involved them (one away to Boro sticks to mind) yet they've been comfortable mid table all year.

I preferred watching them under Quique so given he was sacked for a much better season Mazzari can't have many complaints. 

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Been amazed all season Watford haven't been in more relegation trouble.

Some of the worst games of the season have involved them (one away to Boro sticks to mind) yet they've been comfortable mid table all year.

I preferred watching them under Quique so given he was sacked for a much better season Mazzari can't have many complaints. 

the Palace game on Boxing Day was criminal. Some of players looked like never played a game in there life and Palace should have won at a canter

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Couldn't name you 5 Watford players to be honest. Such a nothing football team and club.

They have a scattergun transfer approach, they sign a lot of players some that shine for a season in Italy and fade into obscurity. Okaka, Niang mixed with a lot of average Premier League players like Cleverley, Janmaat and Gomes

also the other night they had Valon Behrami playing, he must be about 40 :lol:

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's a weird one, looked an absolute livewire in his first game or two and then done nothing whatsoever since. 

I think he started similar at Milan and went off the boil. His goalscoring record for a forward is pretty awful

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Xela said:

I think Silva's spell at Hull was a little bit overrated 

I don't know. He took an utterly awful team, almost as bad as us last season, made some really astute signings in Jan and nearly kept them up. Strikes me as a really talented young manager.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Xela said:

I think Silva's spell at Hull was a little bit overrated 

was a minor miracle he got them to game 37 with a chance of staying up. 8 wins in 22 after mess Bruce and Phelan left them with

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

was a minor miracle he got them to game 37 with a chance of staying up. 8 wins in 22 after mess Bruce and Phelan left them with

Even blaming Bruce in this thread :crylaugh: 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Even blaming Bruce in this thread :crylaugh: 

well im not a constant Bruce basher but him walking out 2 weeks before the season started practically relegated Hull before a ball was kicked

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

well im not a constant Bruce basher but him walking out 2 weeks before the season started practically relegated Hull before a ball was kicked

4 weeks.

But given he walked out due to the club not making any money available, it's a bit harsh to be blaming him. Surely that's the club's fault?

• Like 3

Â