Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I think that Joel Campbell would be a very good purchase. 6M is not a bad choice he would fit the system and can play on the wings too.

I was half jesting when I mentioned him before. He did nothing at Villareal. No I don't think he's good enough myself. 

Someone said earlier that it's a bit of a QPR signing, and I have to agree. Not a good first signing for Sherwood.

Any chance you can explain what a 'qpr' signing is? He's not old he's not on excessive wages we haven't paid any money in a brown bag anything else?
You just answered your own question fella!

I know so he's nothing like a QPR signing!! I was just wondering if I'd missed something!

Eerr... QPR signed loads of over rated players who were still young. Pure athletes and shite footballers. Remember Diakite? Hoillett? Mbia? Samba? SWP?  I'm sure most of them weren't on much more than 65k if they were at all. if you put Richards in that list of players he wouldn't look out of place at all.

Maia has just won the Europa League. SWP was past it and on closer to £100k a week as was Samba who was. A decent player but was never going to keep them up. Hoilett is probably as close to Richards as you can get but when he signed for QPR we would've loved him at VP as he was quality at Blackburn so all in all Richards is nothing like a QPR signing. He's 27 even if he doesn't do that well here we will still be able to get rid of him. Fiorentina paid £3.5m loan fee for him and by all accounts he never played that much because they swapped to a back 3

• Like 1

Can whoever has the 'its happening' gif, open a micah Richards thread, and put it on there... cant say anymore. but was 16-1 last night, went to put £50 on this morning and its 6-1. watch this space. 

Who's next?  :D

• Like 2

Did anyone realise that Yoann Gourcuff is available on a free from Lyon?

Would be a great signing.

Apparently been injured A LOT so no thanks.

Arsenal and Liverpool are targeting him, but not good enough for us?

Arsenal and Liverpool are targeting him, but not good enough for us?

he has been injured an awful lot, but then again we are after micah richards who has the same problem. gourcuff was a top quality midfielder

Gourcuff was a great talent but always had personal problems with fitting in with his teammates, a bit like Benoit Asso-Ekotto.

He's somewhat of a loner and his career has been hampered by injuries and the enormous pressure of being labeled as "the next Zidane".

He could be a fantastic player if he gets his head together and settles at the right club, that club will almost certainly not be Aston Villa thou...

• Like 1

Here's a great article with pretty much everything you need to know about Gourcuff (It's in Italian so you'll have to translate )

The paradox Gourcuff

One of the finest players to see play the modern era, Yoann Gourcuff did not have a career up to expectations. Between veronica, strokes of genius, wasted talent and a loneliness that a point guard can not afford.

Gourcuff twenty-seven years old, the best age to face the World Cup in Brazil, and it will have twenty-nine when France will host the next European, but the chances that you participate in one of these two competitions are close to zero. Plagued by injuries, arrived in Lyon (22 million plus bonuses) when Lyon began its decline in and outside France, overshadowed by the explosion of the recent generation of Alexandre Lacazette and Clement Grenier, nursery products Lyons. Grenier is captain at twenty-two, organized pizza party for the team in difficult times and has taken its place in the field, in the middle of the game of Lyon; Gourcuff, often forced on the wing, is the player with the highest salary of the rose, which last year totaled just 18 appearances (and the first 13 appearances, of which only 10 as a starter, which means that in the last two seasons has made just 5 goals and 4 assists). The latest edition of France Football is represented in a cartoon on the shoulders of Jean-Michel Aulas, Chairman of OL that, in a door of the Treasury, his face red and sweaty from the effort, calling for a reduction of fees for 'people load. " In the cartoon YG has a stupid smile and turns his head in the direction of a butterfly .

http://www.ultimouomo.com/momenti-gourcuff/

Edited by sne

Yeah we can rule him out then because it doesn't look like we're singing injury prone players does it.............

not stopped us in the past

Loads of talk on twitter (I know I know) about us being linked with Cabaye. That would be some signing, wouldn't it? 

Extremely unlikely though. 

You say extremely unlikely and yet the player himself has come out and said it would be great to join up with Pardew again because he's not getting the game-time he thought he would at PSG.  If Palace can be linked to him even with an ex-manager then I think we should go balls out to get him.  It'd be a fantastic signing for whoever he ends up with.

• Like 1

And benteke signing new 3 year deal on 90k wages. Either people are Bonkers or our new owners are getting in early.

Cabaye would be amazing but he's 30...

Edited by KSV

Loads of talk on twitter (I know I know) about us being linked with Cabaye. That would be some signing, wouldn't it? 

Extremely unlikely though. 

I thought he favoured linking up with Pardew at Palace? If not, then yes he would be a great signing for us.