Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Praying that we splash a large portion of our remaining budget on a quality CB.

Ideally:

N'Koulou (25) Marseille

Dragovic (24) Dynamo Kiev

Martins-Indi (23) Porto

Matip (23) Schalke

And finally, an absolute(ly impossible) dream signing:

De Vrij (23) Lazio

Had suggested raiding Greece and Ukraine for players, the major draw for almost all of those players is very simple: Champions League Football or at the very least UEFA Cup

Shawcross is a terrible defender. Give me a Ron Vlaar on crutches any day.

Asking for Ron Blaar on crutches is like asking for a new day tomorrow. At least make it hard. Ron Vlaar fit for 12 months?

(I get your point btw, just playing!)

NKoukou out of contract next summer I believe. Could come at a decent value.

I see this name mentioned a lot. Any substance to it? Or just because he plays in France?

Seems a bit short (5 foot 11) for a centre back?

I see this name mentioned a lot. Any substance to it? Or just because he plays in France?

Prehaps that's not his real name and he would come to rescue us ?

Guessing it's just because he plays in France, haven't seen any links myself.

Absolutely no link or basis for this but how would Villa fans feel about making a move for Victor Valdes? Not quite sure why Van Gaal is treating him like absolute shite. Get Utd to pay a portion of his wages on a season long loan. Yes please. I'm not a Guzan hater but Valdes is a step-up and not such a crazy propsect given how poorly he's being treated and he doesn't seem to be a player happy to just take his wages and sit on his arse. Do it Tim, please.

• Like 1

Absolutely no link or basis for this but how would Villa fans feel about making a move for Victor Valdes? Not quite sure why Van Gaal is treating him like absolute shite. Get Utd to pay a portion of his wages on a season long loan. Yes please. I'm not a Guzan hater but Valdes is a step-up and not such a crazy propsect given how poorly he's being treated and he doesn't seem to be a player happy to just take his wages and sit on his arse. Do it Tim, please.

Honestly think Valdes is a crazy prospect. He'd never come to us.

Honestly think Valdes is a crazy prospect. He'd never come to us.

Always thought why not go for Valdes would love him at Villa but like you say I doubt he would want to come Villa unless he has a facial with Tim

Edited by midian

Not sure I really rate him anyway I suspect he is a bit over rated because of his time at Barca, though pretty hard to judge a Barcelona keeper either way.

However good they are I don't particularly want someone who refuses to play for a reserves/u21 side who ever it is for, especially if they were never first choice, rotten attitude!

He's treating him like that because allegedly Valdes refused to play in a game.

Good keeper but that's not the biggest area of concern at the minute, central defence is.