Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Stones is one for the future and won't be taking Cahill's place so we can forget about that one as nice as it would be.

Walker, young or Lescott are the only ones I can think of and I'd be happy with any or all of them.

What's Melberg doing these days though, has he retired yet? Could be him or Laursen coming in as a coach?

Who knows what to think this season with all that's going on... It's foreign to me and I quite like it

So what's our gross spend up to now?

Sinclair £2.5m

Amavi £10m

Gueye £9m

Ayew £9m

Veretout £7m

Gestede £6m

We're getting close to our biggest ever single season spend.

One more should do it Tim!

You forgot Crespo

Ta. Any idea how much he cost?

I think we're up to about £43.5m so far.

If you go back a month or so in this thread, you'd have been laughed out of town for suggesting that sort of money - and rightly so.

I think I read somewhere it was 500,000.

lescott makes little sense, every other signing we have made have all been given at least 3 year deals, many have been given 5 years. I'm quite sure sherwood won't be after lescott for 1 season, he will be looking at someone who will be here long term

Like Adebayor?

I can see the benefit of bringing in an experienced, quality centre-back, even if he has no sell-on value. Lescott and Richards at the back is better than any pairing we can currently out together, and would give us some needed stability in a very attacking team.

experience doesn't mean 30+ years, you'd say veretout is experienced, over 140 league games and only 22, just saying for such an important position id rather have someone who'd be a stable leader in the team for years to come

What a mental summer so far. I reckon after today's signings we're just about net neutral in terms of transfer funds. Can't wait to see what happens next. Genuinely think we will see a few more outs and 2 or 3 ins.  

Sinclair £2.5m

Amavi £10m

Gueye £9m

Ayew £9m

Veretout £7m

Gestede £6m

You forgot Crespo

If you go back a month or so in this thread, you'd have been laughed out of town for suggesting that sort of money - and rightly so.

well only because people were suggesting Lerner would hold onto player profits, i appreciate it's tough to work out wages for who's left and who's come in, but transfer fees alone we've probably only spent the money that's come in from outgoing players, i say only like it's not a big deal and it clearly is.

• Like 1

Sinclair £2.5m

Amavi £10m

Gueye £9m

Ayew £9m

Veretout £7m

Gestede £6m

You forgot Crespo

So are we thinking we haven't even spent the money from sales yet then as far as the fees are concerned? any ideas on what we got for Lowton, Sylla + Weimann?

I was pretty sceptical all the money would be spent. I'll be even happier if he's still got the £15/20m odd Lambert used to get when we had no saleable assets left to play with, especially as we need some players out that could potentially add to the war chest.

whispers is saying we made contact with man utd for a player but not young.....Evans?thats if its true

Rooney

Tim's after a keeper so it's clearly De Gea. ;)

Valdes? ;)

• Like 1

Sinclair £2.5m

Amavi £10m

Gueye £9m

Ayew £9m

Veretout £7m

Gestede £6m

You forgot Crespo

So are we thinking we haven't even spent the money from sales yet then as far as the fees are concerned? any ideas on what we got for Lowton, Sylla + Weimann?

I was pretty sceptical all the money would be spent. I'll be even happier if he's still got the £15/20m odd Lambert used to get when we had no saleable assets left to play with, especially as we need some players out that could potentially add to the war chest.

whispers is saying we made contact with man utd for a player but not young.....Evans?thats if its true

Rooney

Tim's after a keeper so it's clearly De Gea. ;)

Valdes? ;)
if we signed Valdes id give my missus a facial whilst she slept
  • Like 3