Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I have feeling we might sign a keep too, Begovic was one of the first player we were linked too / bid for, seems strange that we haven't been linked to any other keepers since, but I sense a decent money bid for Begovic clearly had some careful consideration and thought behind it 

We bought Bunn since then

Not sure where to ask this but given the new incomings and the players we left go, does anybody have a current squad list with homegrown status? Just curious how much flexibility we have atm?

Just for the record guys, It was one week ago today that Richard said it would be "A huge week for the club". :)

Twas duly noted earlier and appropriate credz have been delivered accordingly.

• Like 2

I have feeling we might sign a keep too, Begovic was one of the first player we were linked too / bid for, seems strange that we haven't been linked to any other keepers since, but I sense a decent money bid for Begovic clearly had some careful consideration and thought behind it 

We bought Bunn since then

I think we'd better sign Pickford from Sunderland too though!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Pickford

Excluding Grealish who's under 21, the first team squad of

Guzan, Bunn, Steer (3)

Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Amavi (4)

Okore, Senderos, Baker, Clark (4)

Richards, Hutton, Bacuna (3)

N'Zogbia, Gil, Cole, Sinclair (4)

Gueye, Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner (4)

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew (3)

has 25 players. So if you want to add Angel Crespo, a new CB, Cambiasso, Praet, and Adebayor in there, you have to exclude five of the current squad. I struggle to see us getting rid of five of them (think we'll see Steer, Cissokho, and Baker leave), so I think we'll might only make 2 or 3 more signings.

Edit: can't add.

Not sure where to ask this but given the new incomings and the players we left go, does anybody have a current squad list with homegrown status? Just curious how much flexibility we have atm?

• Like 1

Just for the record guys, It was one week ago today that Richard said it would be "A huge week for the club". :)

Not bagging out Richard or any of the "ITK" posters but given how this squad was short of quality it's not such a leap to say it was going to be a huge week. Even more so after losing Benteke & the snake.

I'll bet that this next week will also be huge, we ain't finished yet.

• Like 2

Not bagging out Richard or any of the "ITK" posters but given how this squad was short of quality it's not such a leap to say it was going to be a huge week. Even more so after losing Benteke & the snake.

I'll bet that this next week will also be huge, we ain't finished yet.

Hope so mate. I also think we have more dealings to be done. If the transfer kitty runs out we still have two loan slots to fill if need be.

Off the top of my head we have 
Bunn, steer, baker, Bennett, Clark, Hutton, Richards, Richardson, Cole, Sinclair, Westwood and Gabby

We need 8 homegrown players in our 25 man squad
  • Like 1

I think the ambitious yet still realistic aim for departures by the end of the window is:

1. Steer on loan or Guzan permanently

2. Baker

3. Senderos

4. At least 2 fullbacks (I think the reason Crespo was brought in was to have him as the 3rd cover on either side)

5. See above

6. N'Zogbia

7. Kozak either permanently or on loan

To make way for:

1. Keeper

2. Experienced centre back

3. Crespo

4. Veretout

5. Adebayor

6. Winger

7. Young striker

Excluding Grealish who's under 21, the first team squad of

Guzan, Bunn, Steer (3)

Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Amavi (4)

Okore, Senderos, Baker, Clark (4)

Richards, Hutton, Bacuna (3)

N'Zogbia, Gil, Cole, Sinclair (4)

Gueye, Sanchez, Westwood, Gardner (4)

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew (3)

has 25 players. So if you want to add Angel Crespo, a new CB, Cambiasso, Praet, and Adebayor in there, you have to exclude five of the current squad. I struggle to see us getting rid of five of them (think we'll see Steer, Cissokho, and Baker leave), so I think we'll might only make 2 or 3 more signings.

Edit: can't add.

I think we could let, Cissokho, Richardson or Bennett,Senderos, Baker, NZogbia, Gardner and Cole go. That would give us the room for the incomings. Out of that lot though I see us holding on to Bennett, Cole and one of Senderos or Baker.

Edited by avfc1982am

Righto, so what is the club's net spend so far? Nil?

If Randy ponied up another 20m, we could challege for 4th place!

I think just to challenge top 10, we'd need to sign a quality center back, and another midfielder. 

Twas duly noted earlier and appropriate credz have been delivered accordingly.

That was referring to last week, not this week.

I think the ambitious yet still realistic aim for departures by the end of the window is:

1. Steer on loan or Guzan permanently

2. Baker

3. Senderos

4. At least 2 fullbacks (I think the reason Crespo was brought in was to have him as the 3rd cover on either side)

5. See above

6. N'Zogbia

7. Kozak either permanently or on loan

To make way for:

1. Keeper

2. Experienced centre back

3. Crespo

4. Veretout

5. Adebayor

6. Winger

7. Young striker

I agree with the departures, except for Kozak. Surely we need to give the lad a chance this season.

Also don't know why we would need another keeper.