Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

After watching pretty much the same shitty Villa side for the last 3 years, how can this not be exciting?

THIS.

We have been shit for years now. The spine has arguably been ripped out of our team by Man City and Liverpool, but I'm so glad that we seem to have embraced it and thought - "its time to reinvent ourselves anyway".

Yup, its not as if we are breaking up an all conquering team

It's really good to see this.

I'm looking to see how much we actually spend above what we've brought in though. It's not about spending loads, its about allowing us to strengthen in the areas we need to right now.

Give this manager a chance of progressing the club that others haven't been afforded. He's the right man for it.

Another thing to consider with buying from abroad, the £ is currently doing very well v the € and also the French have one of if not the highest tax rates in Europe so we aren't putting them all on huge wages and they're still all earning more

going back to this, france has a 75% tax rate, our highest is 45%, pigeon maths time (apologies for those with a good understanding of tax)

if these young french kids are earning 10k euros a week then they take home 2.5k euros, we offer them £10k a week, take home is £6.5k, when you apply that to the current exchange rate then it comes to 9k euros a week

the tax rates and the currency conversation rate means we are tripling / quadrupling these kids wages without actually giving them that much money

its almost like the club know what they are doing....

Where did you get the 75% rate? Is there some new luxury tax, I though earnings above €151,000/pa only hit 45% the only difference is that threshold for 45% in the UK is £151,000. Much lower.

Just confused about this 75% rate. Plus you have to remember there are tax free allowances at play also, nothing is as basic as the rates.

I found it quite hard to stay chipper while we were waiting for the Benteke deal to go through, sweating on Amavi, dwelling on Delphs dispicable departure, remembering Hodge, collapsing takeovers, discussing Lerner again. reminiscing about recent transfer windows, then probably worst of all looking at the squad we had left. All good reasons for a bit of doomy gloomyness if you ask me.

Still new striker. New week. Alledgedly a new jordan. Alledgedly a new bang average sounding defender (with a beard mind). Alledgedly trimming some more chaff. all moves in the right direction towards raising a smile. If he can turn these alledgedly's into some pics on the OS and then get another striker and another central midfielder in before Bournemouth, There might just be some light at the end of the tunnel. In fact It'll be me. Beaming

I can't give believe it's 12:30 at night and I'm sitting here comparing photos of 2 different guys!

Ayew Gueye?

Haha!

boom.gif

• Like 1

-----------------Ayew-------------

Grealish-----------------------Gil

--------------Praet----------------

------Gueye-----Veretout-------

-------------------------------------

Amavi-Clark--Richards-Hutton

-------------Guzan-----------------

Decent?

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Decent?

Decent, but I think Veretout is our Praet alternative even if they are different I don't think we were in for both (or ever in for Praet at all to be honest).

Also I presume Adebeyor or Kozak will be our target men

How many have we signed already then? 7?

6 if you're counting Sinclair

Ye, I think it's 7 so far - will be 8 if we get Veretout

Scott Sinclair

Micah Richards

Mark Bunn

Idrissa Gueye

Jordan Amavi

Jordan Ayew

José Ángel Crespo

Jordan Veretout

Edited by Gary Thomas

How many have we signed already then? 7?

6 if you're counting Sinclair

Ye, I think it's 7 so far - will be 8 if we get Veretout

Scott Sinclair

Micah Richards

Mark Bunn

Idrissa Gueye

Jordan Amavi

Jordan Ayew

José Ángel Crespo

Jordan Veretout

wasn't counting crespo till I see him on the OS :ph34r:

Another thing to consider with buying from abroad, the £ is currently doing very well v the € and also the French have one of if not the highest tax rates in Europe so we aren't putting them all on huge wages and they're still all earning more

going back to this, france has a 75% tax rate, our highest is 45%, pigeon maths time (apologies for those with a good understanding of tax)

if these young french kids are earning 10k euros a week then they take home 2.5k euros, we offer them £10k a week, take home is £6.5k, when you apply that to the current exchange rate then it comes to 9k euros a week

the tax rates and the currency conversation rate means we are tripling / quadrupling these kids wages without actually giving them that much money

AFAIK Footballers wages in France are negotiated AFTER tax. However you can be sure that due to the disparity between the leagues when players come over from France they get a large pay rise that still means that are cheap when compared to the players based in England. I think Yohann Cabaye was only on £30K a week when he was at Newcastle.

Edited by villa89

Decent?

It's ok. A lot would depend on Ayew having a brilliant first season though.

I actually think it will be 4-2-3-1:

Guzan

Crespo Richards Clark Amavi

Gueye Veretout

Ayew Gil Sinclair/Grealish

Adebayor

don't really know how to feel about this window to be honest.

Shame to see the spine of the team dissapear yet again, feels like were back in the same possition we were a couple of years ago. I haven't seen much of the players we have bought so far but they seem to be pretty decent, alot of potential and them beein well regarded makes me belive there is a possibility for us to have a damn good season.

I would have been a bit more comfortable if we had finished a bit higher in the table before we changed our most vital players, if they turn out to be a new luna, tonev and jbowz we could truely be in the shit. i seem to be switching between relentless optimism and despair. **** villa is turning me bi-polar

• Like 1