Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We may be waiting for the Tekkers deal to be sewn up before we risk a big outlay of money but my guess is that once that deal is done we will bring 3 or 4 in within a few days.

You'd hope we already had fees agreed so we don't get our pants pulled down over price now the Benteke money is coming in.

2 strikers, 2 midfielders and a keeper, of a good standard would push us away from another relegation scrap you'd think. If they were all around the £7-£8m mark and young with a lot of potential then I'd be over the moon. If only 2 out of 5 turn out to be the real deal then we will be making more money to strengthen with.

Good strikers for that sort of cash are hard to find though, we lucked out massively with Benteke. 

Unless some serious numbers still come in, you know we're going to get decimated by injuries next year. We really need to have learnt to be prepared for another Kozak/Okore situation.

(add Senderos and Cole in there too.)

Edited by jon_c

Bids will already be in in most instances and conversations under way.

Sherwood is clearly very hands on in talking to the players and his passion and I have to say knowledge on his targets seems to have an impact.

Think things will pick up when he is back in the country and I wouldn't be surprised to see one arrive this week.

For some reason, instead of feeling apprehensive about our chances having lost/losing our better players, I actually feel excited for the coming season.

It's like a proper FM summer window :D

• Like 1

Bids will already be in in most instances and conversations under way.

Sherwood is clearly very hands on in talking to the players and his passion and I have to say knowledge on his targets seems to have an impact.

Think things will pick up when he is back in the country and I wouldn't be surprised to see one arrive this week.

Probably being unrealistic as I have no real knowledge about how long these things take to do in practice, but if we see one arrive this week that means (going by the earlier comments) we will still be looking to bring in 4 new signings with only 12 days before we play Bournemouth. Just a bit worried we will not have much time to get new players training and bedded in before the season starts.  Going to be so important to hit the ground running with our early fixtures.

Adebayor

Batshuayi

Darder/Cambiasso

Praet

Heaton

I think he signed a new deal at Burnley. Although that means absolutely nothing to professional footballers these days I suppose.

• Like 1

How many times have we seen it argued that a player didn't perform to his best because he didn't have a pre season training with his new team? I think it certainly helps early on and when you're bad, every game and every point is as important as the last.

I think this coming week is very important.

• Like 1

Sherwood reminded me of Gregory anyway, but now he does so even more after his forays into the transfer market.

I don't know if it's more down to the scouting team presenting him with possible targets or what, but I've been impressed with some of the players we've seemingly identified this Summer.

Two strikers is a must and I think we will get them

Pretty clear we will be getting at least one midfielder

Goalie is on the cards too.

Thats 4.

I'd like a central defender to be honest as I am not comfortable that we are blessed well in that area

Richards - will play there but I'm a bit suspect of that and his fitness

Okore - I hope plays there and to potential

Clark - Played well last season but i'm still unsure

Baker- Made of glass

Senderos - I think will leave 

If we are playing three at the back we do not have many options or cover

So for me if it is only 5 then it is a toss up of whether we get two midfielders or one and a defender