Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Im gonna throw this out there after some manly debates with my mate this evening....

Adebayor is better than Benteke...

Really? Then please explain why Spurs are desperate to get rid of Adebayor and Benteke is being sold for £32m?

on other hand Adebayor has played for Arsenal, Real Madrid and City while some 3rd rate club are only club interested in Benteke

Im gonna throw this out there after some manly debates with my mate this evening....

Adebayor is better than Benteke...

Really? Then please explain why Spurs are desperate to get rid of Adebayor and Benteke is being sold for £32m?

on other hand Adebayor has played for Arsenal, Real Madrid and City while some 3rd rate club are only club interested in Benteke

So by that logic you would have to argue that Adebayor was better than Benteke is, which would have to agree with.

As things stand now, Benteke is the better player.

As it stands we are relegated. Really need TS, TF, PR et al to pull off a great summer window for us all.

Wow not even played one match this season and we are already relegated. Must have been really crap. Oh well I'll enjoy watching us play Derby and Ipswich.
  • Like 1

I don't know if this count as off topic but I managed to send out Benteke, Delph and every player we've sold so far in FM 15 and bought in Amavi, Gueye, Bunn, Richards and Adebayor! Played the 4-2-3-1 formation with Grealish and Sinclair on either flank and Gil just behind Ade. We did fantastically well and ended on the 5th place in the PL and won the FA cup!

Hoping for the same in reality but a better striker or at least one more instead of Ade wouldn't hurt! How about the Monaco attacker Marthial on loan? I would personally go for Kevin Volland from Hoffenheim! Great player who is pretty versatile and up and coming talent for Germany. 

We already have a striker who's name starts with an A who only turns up for 5 games a season.

Not sure we need another one like that, hope the Adebayor deal doesn't come through

It would be amazing if we signed Adebayor.

Our signings so far make absolute sense: Young, motivated players with huge potential. So signing an old, un-motivated player who hasn't had potential for at least six years would be amazing. Hope we don't.

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood is lining up a move for Belgian striker Obbi Oulare to fill Christian Benteke’s giant boots.

Aston Villa spies in Bruges have been watching the 6ft 5in 19-year-old and contact has been made about a possible £7million deal.

Sherwood is keen on Emmanuel Adebayor, too, whose Spurs side are also eyeing Oulare.

No to adebayor for many reasons but mainly his age, he's 31 and on big wages.

How many years contract would we seriously offer him?

A 3yr would take him to 34 and he doesn't strike me as the type of player who'll withstand first team football at that age.

We'd be unable to offload him and be saddled with his wages and attitude.

Lets face it, he only really performs in his first season or when its contract renewal time.

I know he's in the last yr of his contract with spudzzz and could be available cheapish but its just not worth it.

• Like 1

Oulare would be a very good signing. He has the potential to be an excellent striker. With the position our club is in we should be looking at yhese types of players as he will be worth a hell of a lot more in a few years.