Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Crikey, the needed list gets bigger and bigger....

Now we urgently need:

Lb- hopefully amavi keitel signs

Cm- to replace fibian wealth. Dardar would be a good fit

Am- better option than zog and tonev. Praet would be awesome.

St- benteke replacement. Please not adebayor!

Benteke ain't no saint.
  • Like 1

We've spent in the region of £10m already, I'm guessing. Thinking we'll probably get the Benteke and word removed money, so I think we'd be able to bring in 3 or 4 quality signings to strengthen the side (striker, attacking mid, box to box mid, and a defender), and still have a bit of cash to bring in some squad players. If we can do that, I'll be happy enough.

Who the @@@@ is going to want to come here. We have been turned into a joke of a club. Everyone is laughing at us, or even worse feeling sorry for us after this final debacle today. Lerner can go **** himself to.

We've spent in the region of £10m already, I'm guessing. Thinking we'll probably get the Benteke and word removed money, so I think we'd be able to bring in 3 or 4 quality signings to strengthen the side (striker, attacking mid, box to box mid, and a defender), and still have a bit of cash to bring in some squad players. If we can do that, I'll be happy enough.

Who the @@@@ is going to want to come here. We have been turned into a joke of a club. Everyone is laughing at us, or even worse feeling sorry for us after this final debacle today. Lerner can go **** himself to.

Erm... I don't know what to say... Do you want a hug or something?

I understand your frustration buddy, but we'll get some quality in, I'm sure of it. If nothing else, players will see us as a shop window to move onto one of the Sky clubs. 

Anthony Martial?

Yeah, I will have what you guys are on this morning.

We could always sign him for £20m and insert a clause in his contract where he can go to another team if they're willing to pay us a £10m buyout...

• Like 1

Players will still want to come and play in the premier league even if sadly we're just a stepping stone.

This time last year Southampton were in an even worse position than us when you look at who they lost but they scouted well and signed excellent players from abroad.

Newcastle were a bigger joke than us end of last season and they've signed a Dutch player for 10m and seem to be pressing ahead with more deals. It's the Premier league, plenty of players want to play here.

As I've said we must've shaved about 300k off the wage bill, nearly more so there is no excuse for not offering competitive wages anymore which should bring in better quality than we have last few summers when it's been bargain basement.

why is anyone ever concerned about what another group of thick football fans think? "They're laughing at us", who gives a ****? They're either plastic top 4 words removed, support a club next in line to be **** by modern football or they're Liverpool fans. Nobody is a winner. Enjoy the fact we might see a few new faces in our starting XI next season that we don't resent yet.

• Like 1

why is anyone ever concerned about what another group of thick football fans think? "They're laughing at us", who gives a ****? They're either plastic top 4 words removed, support a club next in line to be **** by modern football or they're Liverpool fans. Nobody is a winner. Enjoy the fact we might see a few new faces in our starting XI next season that we don't resent yet.

Yeah, to be fair the comments I've seen from fans of other clubs, pretty much agree that word removed is a word removed,

I'm just hoping that the Gueye and Amavi money is from Tim's transfer budget and that we still have close to £40 million to spend on new players from the sales of Delph and Benteke. Knowing Lerner however, that probably isn't the case. 

Sergi Darder on his way according to local Malaga papers for 6 million. Darder Gueye and Praet midfield three. Gil Grealish and new striker upfront

We will be fine relax lads.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 4

Michu has gone back to Spain

He's only been linked with a move back to Spain at present. I'd love him at Villa and wouldn't cost a bomb either. Not quite sure what the hell happened with him at Swansea!?

Sergi Darder on his way according to local Malaga papers for 6 million. Darder Gueye and Praet midfield three. Gil Grealish and new striker upfront

All these players have been close for weeks. The family silver has gone or is in the process of going. We have 3 weeks to the first league game. Forgive me for being worried. Been the worst summer so far i can remember.

Really? Sounds good. I hope we can move quickly in the market now. Get us all forgetting who those 2 players were who are vacating Villa Park.

Unless we have some significant purchases in the next few weeks, I am convinced we will score even fewer goals than last season. 

We scored a paltry 31 goals in the league last season. When, as we all expect Benteke leaves, we will have a squad that scored a COMBINED total of 12 goals. That's simply scary.

Add that to fact our midfield has been largely stripped of the limited quality we had last year (in Delph and Cleverley) and there will be even fewer chances made and no one to finish it off.

Unless there are significant ambitious signings, this squad is the worst we've ever had in the last twenty years and we will be relegation favourites.

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 1

Stuff always tends to get a bit drawn out when we're on our pre-season trip. I mean just think about the other side of things Liverpool have been "close" to getting Benteke for weeks but with both clubs and managers on pre-season trips to foreign lands things get delayed. It's not surprising that everything is happening again when the club is back home tomorrow. Benteke deal will be wrapped up start of the week, Amavi will be wrapped up start of the week, Darder will be wrapped up start of the week.. These are all things that were being slowed/delayed by key staff being preoccupied elsewhere. 

All these players have been close for weeks. The family silver has gone or is in the process of going. We have 3 weeks to the first league game. Forgive me for being worried. Been the worst summer so far i can remember.

Summer 2011 was worse.

Even 2010 when MON walked.

Unless we have some significant purchases in the next few weeks, I am convinced we will score even fewer goals than last season. 

We scored a paltry 28 goals in the league last season. When, as we all expect Benteke leaves, we will have a squad that scored a COMBINED total of 12 goals. That's simply scary.

Add that to fact our midfield has been largely stripped of the limited quality we had last year (in Delph and Cleverley) and there will be even fewer chances made and no one to finish it off.

Unless there are significant ambitious signings, this squad is the worst we've ever had in the last twenty years and we will be relegation favourites.

Under Sherwood though we were scoring a lot more. Even though we'll obviously be without two of our best players I don't think there's much to be gained from looking back to last season as a whole because the difference between when Lambert was manager and Sherwood are staggering.

Against Braga you could see attacking intent but we lacked in almost all areas of the field. Gueye and Grealish will make a difference but nowhere near enough.

Also why haven't we had the shots of Gueye in the shirt yet? If the work permit is sorted or a formality why wait, or did i miss something?

Edited by VillanousOne

Well were currently left with a midfield three of Westwood Sanchez and Gueye how woeful is that

Grealish, Gill, Sinclair, Gardner?

Out of the 4 players you mentioned only one is a CM who has next to no prem experience