Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I've never heard of Anthony Martial. I feel left out.

The one solace of losing our best player is it seems the world is full of talented exciting youngsters I've never heard of.

Must renew that Club Europe subscription!

With the exception of the players already playing in the Premier League I haven't heard of a single one of the players we have been linked to.

I guess thats because I don't play computer games or watch football on TV much 

• Like 2

Yep, people will probably claim they know the majority of their footballing information from diligently studying you tube clips and watching games but the reality is its Football Manager and FIFA.

That's not a bad thing though, Football Manager is probably one of the most in depth player databases around and whilst its not always accurate, for the most part its pretty close in terms of picking out future stars.

• Like 1

With the exception of the players already playing in the Premier League I haven't heard of a single one of the players we have been linked to.

I guess thats because I don't play computer games or watch football on TV much

Indeed, I was going to say I need to start playing Footy Manager again. A few years ago I'd know them inside out. They all sound very exciting, but it's a bit scary that there aren't any young English players that seem anywhere near as highly rated as these guys in Europe (except for Jack, of course). This is the first window I'm genuinely excited about in years.

We are being linked with so many good players, I wonder if this is the Villa PR machine at work?  These links create a positive image of the club i.e. we are ambitious with money to spend and we are going for good quality players.  It is clear from this forum that these links excite the fans, but I wonder if it also helps to send a positive signal to prospective targets who must also see all these links?  Just a thought.

• Like 1

We are being linked with so many good players, I wonder if this is the Villa PR machine at work? These links create a positive image of the club i.e. we are ambitious with money to spend and we are going for good quality players. It is clear from this forum that these links excite the fans, but I wonder if it also helps to send a positive signal to prospective targets who must also see all these links? Just a thought.

Personaly i dont think its PR.we all was wondering what Tim would do with a transfer window and im sure this is Tim showing us

probably knows a few of the names and remembers them from his time at spurs because he wanted the job so im sure he would had targets that summer

Edited by Villan81

No idea how it is in England, but on Swedish telly we get La Liga, Serie A, Premier League, League 1 (France) and the Bundesliga (and obviously the Swedish league).

I try watching as much as time allow thou you have to focus on 2 or 3 leagues, atm it's mostly the PL and Bundesliga.

But as others have said, Football Manager is a great place to learn about players who are not playing in the big teams who are commonly chosen for TV games.

Yep, people will probably claim they know the majority of their footballing information from diligently studying you tube clips and watching games but the reality is its Football Manager and FIFA.

That's not a bad thing though, Football Manager is probably one of the most in depth player databases around and whilst its not always accurate, for the most part its pretty close in terms of picking out future stars.

A fair point but Martial is one of the most hyped young attackers in Europe right now.

A fair point but Martial is one of the most hyped young attackers in Europe right now.

I know that, but you've still got people on here who are knowledgable about football who haven't heard of him.

I'd wager that most who have heard of him have done so from either Football Manager or FIFA.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1