Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Is it just me who thinks Embolo doesnt look anything like a smilar player to Benteke?

Not saying he doesnt look decent from clips but he's hardly an imposing big front man. More like a potential Gabby upgrade.

At 18, if he's an upgrade on Gabby then we should definitely go for him.

I keep seeing about the fact we should go for Charlie Austin but when he failed the medical to move from Burnley to Hull Steve Bruce said:

"Well first and foremost it is totally disappointing for him in particular," Bruce told Sky Sports News.

"We have been working on it for the last three or four weeks behind the scenes but unfortunately he has a bit of a knee problem and with the amount of money at stake in the transfer fee the problem has shown up pretty visibly with the scan and unfortunately that has put a stop to the deal.

so it would be an unwise man to spend 12 - 18 Million o a player that Hull refused to pay £4.5 Million for!!!!

I keep seeing about the fact we should go for Charlie Austin but when he failed the medical to move from Burnley to Hull Steve Bruce said:

"Well first and foremost it is totally disappointing for him in particular," Bruce told Sky Sports News.

"We have been working on it for the last three or four weeks behind the scenes but unfortunately he has a bit of a knee problem and with the amount of money at stake in the transfer fee the problem has shown up pretty visibly with the scan and unfortunately that has put a stop to the deal.

so it would be an unwise man to spend 12 - 18 Million o a player that Hull refused to pay £4.5 Million for!!!!

With one year on his contract at a relegated team.

Going on what Tim said about Gil, am I not right to be thinking Praet is unlikely as he is a 'number 10'? Or is that not Praet's position?

Would love a 'Name' at the club. Not that they tend to work out at Villa.

Austin , townsend, praet and amavi . Could get all 4 for the benteke money I reckon . and I for one would rather them then benteke

Think all four of those would cost more then £32.5, plus factoring in signing ons and agent fees.

Still I wouldn't be adverse to signing any of them at the rght price.

Austin , townsend, praet and amavi . Could get all 4 for the benteke money I reckon . and I for one would rather them then benteke

Think all four of those would cost more then £32.5, plus factoring in signing ons and agent fees.

Not only that but genk will reportedly receive 15% of the transfer fee which would be close to £5 million.

Imagine hiring a 'moneyball' stats guy to help maximise transfer spend then pay £15m a pop on Andros Townsend and Charlie Austin. I don't see it.

Edited by Isa

He meant Amavi and I don't think he meant news from the OS. More media news

Then I can tell you that there will be news on a player tomorrow.

Like I said yesterday we have had news on a player today. Benteke is maybe, possibly leaving. Further news tomorrow on a player.

• Like 3

Historically there has been a lot of players who have scored a high number of goals in one season for a relegation battling team. Someone has to score for them unless your Derby that one season.

Even Benteke there are not a lot of examples of someone from the bottom half going to a top half team and setting the world alight.

It could be argued that Lukaku who tore it up at WBA has been a flop at Everton.

Andy Carroll is another example why I think Liverpool are making a mistake buy CB.

James Beattie even got 23 at Southampton one year and was a huge flop at Everton, there is so much more value on the continent.

Not only that but genk will reportedly receive 15% of the transfer fee which would be close to £5 million.

15% of any profit on what we paid for him.  So 15% of £24.5m = c£3.7m.