Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Not just transfer fees though. I assume freeing up wages is just as important in the scheme of being able to afford to bring a player in.

Less now than it has been the last few years.

Getting Bent, Vlaar, Given, Weimann, Sylla, Lowton and Stevens though has already made a significant reduction.

I'd estimate that lot probably accounted for circa £230k-£250k a week.

Sure Richards and Gueye will have taken up some of that but its still a fair chunk to play with without increasing the overall bill.

weimann sylla lowton Stevens,surely players on hardly anything? Lowton sylla Stevens even vlaar was signed after Lerner supposedly learned his lesson and stopped the big wages. How much longer can this go on, excuse after excuse

Not just transfer fees though. I assume freeing up wages is just as important in the scheme of being able to afford to bring a player in.

Less now than it has been the last few years.

Getting Bent, Vlaar, Given, Weimann, Sylla, Lowton and Stevens though has already made a significant reduction.

I'd estimate that lot probably accounted for circa £230k-£250k a week.

Sure Richards and Gueye will have taken up some of that but its still a fair chunk to play with without increasing the overall bill.

and without taking into account additional income

I imagine Hutton is on pretty high wages and with Bacuna and Richards here I wouldn't be surprised if Sherwood wouldn't mind him being sold.

C'mon it's not as if after years bombed out in the cold earning big wages but doing nothing, Hutton comes back plays a handful of decent games and we rewarded him with another massively undeserved bumper new contract is it?

oh wait

To answer Richards original question I would move out Hutton, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Bennet, Steer, Senderos, Cole, Tonev & Herd.

BTW, announced a sporting director on the OS! http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4866073,00.html

Edited by Marley the Bognor Villan

To answer Richards original question I would move out Hutton, Richardson, N'Zogbia, Bennet, Steer, Senderos, Cole, Tonev & Herd.

BTW, announced a sporting director on the OS! http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4866073,00.html

New thread for that already! Also Richardson and Hutton could be useful squad players if need be. If they're willing to accept they aren't up to scratch and take a back seat (aka the bench) and a wage cut. Agree with the rest!

Edited by tomh621

Out: Richardson (not good enough), Cissoko (no point Tim doesn't fancy him), N'Zogbia (obvious), Senderos (suspect fitness), Tonev & Herd (both never going to make it)

Side note, I'd keep Joe Cole (think he is on pay as you play for the most of his contract anyway) and young Bennett (potential left winger in my eyes, plus cant be on much).  Hutton I could cope with for another season I suppose - plus I think we'll play Bacuna there when we're playing weaker teams.

In: Amavi, Darder (to play in a central 3 with Delph and Gueye), Praet, Embolo & Holgate (if Utd don't nab him).  It would be an additional bonus to bring in a really commanding senior centre half just in case Richards isn't the real deal in that position, plus we seem to suffer a lot of injuries at the back. 

That run of exits/signings would be a dream come true!

Why is everybody so eager to move Hutton on all of a sudden? lol, he has had a great attitude and actually did quite well , even after all he has been through with us.

I thought that... he was heading for Player of Season at one point last season. He needs to stay now matter what for next season, even if only as backup.

• Like 2

Agreed on Hutton up until Lambert left he was easily our player of season in my view. So many games where he was the only one trying to make something happen and he was the bleeding RB

Although I remember how hard he was trying I think the fact he was our best player was more an indication of how bad the team was at that point.

It was shocking stuff.

• Like 1

Agreed on Hutton up until Lambert left he was easily our player of season in my view. So many games where he was the only one trying to make something happen and he was the bleeding RB

Although I remember how hard he was trying I think the fact he was our best player was more an indication of how bad the team was at that point.

It was shocking stuff.

Couldn't agree more and let's be frank he's not that good so wages he is on I'm sure there is better out there