Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Apparently Sherwood has told Colley that we can't afford Adebayor. I guess that that would rule out Balotelli too (not that he'd ever be realistic anyway).

yeah said wasnt financialy possible

would think he was refering to wages

• Like 1

From what I can remember he said we can't get the overall packaged to work, so that might be £5m fee + £100k a week for 3 years, best part of £21m with then no resale value, compare that to Amavi with the rumoured £9m deal + £35k a week for 5 years, that's £18m plus the ability you'd hope to get at least half of that back if we did sell him

Don't think it necessarily means we have no cash bug we don't have enough to justify the adebayor deal

• Like 1

Apparently Sherwood has told Colley that we can't afford Adebayor. I guess that that would rule out Balotelli too (not that he'd ever be realistic anyway).

Reckon a bid towards the end of the window may do the trick

• Like 1

I believe Sherwood said today we have to be careful with signing players to keep within financial fair play rules. Looks like we have f*** all to spend again then. Even Sherwood is being brain washed by the Villa PR machine.

I believe Sherwood said today we have to be careful with signing players to keep within financial fair play rules. Looks like we have f*** all to spend again then. Even Sherwood is being brain washed by the Villa PR machine.

Well if we can afford to lose 105m over 3 years I'm ok with that. He was hardly going to say we've loads to spend.

The villa pr machine also known as "the financial fair play rules"

No doubt it was lerners fault for being only 1 of 4 chairman who voted no...

Ooooh, and if it wasn't for financial fair play, Lerner would be spending 50 million a season. Its just excuses mate, FFP is not stopping us spending the doe, Lerner is.

• Like 1

Or it suggests we are going to spend money.

If financial fair play totally restricted our spending would Sherwood even mention it?

The only managers I have heard mention it in the past are the ones that traditionally spend big and can't spend as much anymore.

Reckon a bid towards the end of the window may do the trick

A cheeky one?

Ffp is a cop out. Bournemouth spent 8 million on a left back. We spent 9 million on a player..after recouping 3-4 million from sales.. so we spent 5 million and we need to sell to buy?

With the increase of the new TV deal as well?

Randy is pocketing funds or its bs

• Like 1

Would really to see something more concrete soon so we know what's going to happen. Nothing would be worse than having Benteke go right before the season ticks off so getting replacements would be trickier.

The villa pr machine also known as "the financial fair play rules"

No doubt it was lerners fault for being only 1 of 4 chairman who voted no...

Ooooh, and if it wasn't for financial fair play, Lerner would be spending 50 million a season. Its just excuses mate, FFP is not stopping us spending the doe, Lerner is.

I never said he would be spending £50m a season but at the same time I don't pretend that FFP is nothing, IMO it's probably a major factor in why Lerner lost interest and the factor in why he now can't find a buyer

It's not an excuse it's a reality, it's shafted us good and proper, like I said Lerner voted no, it went ahead anyway then he pulled the plug

Why should Lerner continue pumping his own cash in to a game where the odds have been fixed against him?

• Like 1