Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

For me if we need or infact sign a new keeper then a takeover is happening the defence needs to be sorted first i cannot see if sherwood is on linited finances why he would wanna spend it on an area he dosnt need to. I think there will be plenty of comings and goings this summer maybe as many as 8 players in.

It's good to see ambitious moves in the transfer market, whether it's due to a takeover in the offing is yet to be seen. I fear that we will make ambitious moves but be unsuccessful due to our previous 4 seasons of relegation battles. Hopefully Richards signing up is a positive sign.

If we end up with Richards, Sinclair, Begovic, Townsend and hopefully a leftback in the window, thats a successful window.

We also badly need at least 1 quality central midfielder 

Chelsea would have some players we could loan... Romeu was highly rated at one point, maybe worth a gamble on?

hope we dont go down that route. You cant build for the future by signing loan players. 

• Like 3

Reading the local paper in Stoke just say's Villa can afford Begovic wages no problem and can afford to buy him but its the inital upfront fee we can't come up with

Keeper is literally the last position that needs strengthening. Unless we have truckloads to spend,...it's a waste of our transfer budget

giphy.gif
I also agree. If we improve the players out on the pitch it will make Brad's job easier and won't be faced with a rediculous amount of shots at him each game. We were one of the worst for preventing shots in the league last season weren't we?

Well this is a fallacy, we are pretty much bang in middle in terms of shots faced. But 3rd/joint 2nd worse in terms of shots faced to goals conceded.

image.jpg

• Like 3

Keeper is literally the last position that needs strengthening. Unless we have truckloads to spend,...it's a waste of our transfer budget

giphy.gif
I also agree. If we improve the players out on the pitch it will make Brad's job easier and won't be faced with a rediculous amount of shots at him each game. We were one of the worst for preventing shots in the league last season weren't we?

Well this is a fallacy, we are pretty much bang in middle in terms of shots faced. But 3rd/joint 2nd worse in terms of shots faced to goals conceded.

image.jpg

Stats. Yawn.

I prefer to watch the matches and make an opinion. 

Someone dismissing solid evidence because it doesn't assist their point, Yawn.

I also watch the games, I was simply providing proof that we don't face a larger than usual amount of shots as mentioned, but if watching the games tells you differently you can believe what you want.

Chelsea would have some players we could loan... Romeu was highly rated at one point, maybe worth a gamble on?

hope we dont go down that route. You cant build for the future by signing loan players. 

While I kinda agree with you I still feel that next season, barirng a takeover will still be about avoiding relegation.

If we can get someone like Marco van Ginkel (or wastly less likely Salah or Cuadrado I know) with an option to buy it will be a great deal for us

giphy.gif

image.jpg

Stats. Yawn.

I prefer to watch the matches and make an opinion. 

The stats bear out what I have been seeing from Guzan last season.

Although I admit goalkeeper isn't a priority am I the only one that thinks Begovic is a top keeper and would be a massive signing and even a statement of our intentions?

He's not a top keeper.

He'd be a very good replacement for Guzan if we are set on replacing Guzan.

I just think it's a totally unnecessary signing

• Like 2

Although I admit goalkeeper isn't a priority am I the only one that thinks Begovic is a top keeper and would be a massive signing and even a statement of our intentions?

He's not a top keeper.

He'd be a very good replacement for Guzan if we are set on replacing Guzan.

I just think it's a totally unnecessary signing

An unnecessary signing if it means we have no money left. But if we then go and sign decent players in positions that are needed then I'd have no problem with it.

FWIW I don't think it will happen anyway.