Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

With Richards, Bacuna and Hutton already at the club I doubt we're even interested in signing Walker.

Well we were interested in Trippier so another right-back seems to be on the radar. Hutton has been listed a couple of times among players that Sherwood might be happy to let leave.

• Like 1

With Richards, Bacuna and Hutton already at the club I doubt we're even interested in signing Walker.

Richards as a centre back, Bacuna a midfielder and Hutton on his way out are all possibilities though.

• Like 2

Tyrone Mings has gone to Bournemouth, wish we had signed him. 

£8m though?  Seems steep for such an untested player.

(I know, I know... Fabian Delph etc.)

You will get the same arguments regarding price as per but having watched him a fair few times he seems like he is going to be very good. More surprised Southampton didnt take him. 

• Like 1

Well we were interested in Trippier so another right-back seems to be on the radar. Hutton has been listed a couple of times among players that Sherwood might be happy to let leave.

Do we even know for sure that we were interested in Trippier. Even if so, I would have thought we'd wait until we've sold Hutton before making a move for Walker, if we're going to. I guess if it's true about us wanting Begovic, whilst Guzan and Given are still here, then anything is possible.

Edited by useless

Do we even know for sure that we were interested in Trippier. Even if so I would have thought we'd wait until we've sold Hutton before making a move for Walker, if we're going to. I gues if it's true about us wanting Begovic, then anything is possible.

It was initially reported by John Percy and reaffirmed by Gregg Evans and Laurie Whitwell. Not sure how far it got but I'm willing to accept that there was interest in the player. Which would denote that we are in the market for a right-back.

As for Walker, I don't think there is much chance of that happening in any case.

• Like 1

Good player and possibly a slight upgrade on Guzan, however if we sign Begovic for about 10 mil and go in to next season still starting the likes of Richardson and N'Zogbia then I would regard this as a very poor move

Edited by myko