Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Hull paid £5m for Huddlestone so it would be a joke in itself if they recouped the full fee given that he has quite simply been a flop. Not even worth half that in my book.

Huddlestone would be a great signing in my view.

If you can get the players around him, and Imo Delph would be perfect.

If he is playing alongside donkeys like Livermore and Meyler he is obviously going to struggle.

I agree, IF the players around him are Pogba, Hazard, Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta....

But if you can afford those kind of players you would have to wonder why you'd wan't Huddlestone in the first place...

Frankly i much rather keep Sanchez than buy Huddlestone for £5.5m 

Yes, because Sanchez is so "effective" with his distribution to the opposition. Not necessarily even saying I want Huddlestone myself, but some of these comments are flat out ridiculous. As they usually are with most players on here. Everybody cries at almost every signing we make, or are even linked with before they are even given a chance.

I'd have Huddlestone over sanchez every day.

Yeah fair enough, but would you spend £5.5m and double the wages for the privilege to have him at Villa?

Edited by sne

Sánchez only had one season here, without even having any sort preseason. He can still adapt. Huddlestone was one of the worst performers in a relegated side. I'll take my chances with the former.

• Like 2

Yeah fair enough, but would you spend £5.5m and double the wages for the privilege to have him at Villa?

Probably not but I'm not sure what our summer budget will be yet.

Sánchez only had one season here, without even having any sort preseason. He can still adapt. Huddlestone was one of the worst performers in a relegated side. I'll take my chances with the former.

Huddlestone has shown he can handle and perform at this level. At 30 years old I think we're asking a lot for sanchez to adapt to it. I thought he was abysmal far too often last season.

If we signed Huddlestone he would be in direct competition with Westwood not Sánchez. For me Westwood is the better player, and I'm not sure we'd pay for Huddlestone to sit on the bench.

• Like 2

Probably not but I'm not sure what our summer budget will be yet.

Me neither, but as I see it, If we are taken over I hope we aim for better players.

And if we are not taken over I really hope we don't spend what would likely be a sizeable chunk of what money we have on Huddlestone

Edited by sne

Huddlestone has shown he can handle and perform at this level. At 30 years old I think we're asking a lot for sanchez to adapt to it. I thought he was abysmal far too often last season.

You think Sanchez was bad last season you must not have seen Huddlestone play.

Except that Huddlestone was poor at a worse team than us. I'm pretty sure some fans just rate any player who has the fabled 'Premier League experience'.

Also, adapting isn't the same as improving. Any player, whatever their age, can struggle to adjust to our league initially.

• Like 1

I'd like Huddlestone and said so at the beginning of the window, £5.5M seems on the steep side though, no more than £3M would be fair imo. Would be another option and good competiton for both Sanchez and Westwood.

I didn't see him much TBH. But I know he's capable of performing at this level. I can't say the same about sanchez.

• Like 1

I didn't see him much TBH. But I know he's capable of performing at this level. I can't say the same about sanchez.

In this league I'd agree, but at this level?

He was pretty good for Colombia at the World Cup and by all accounts decent enough in La Liga-

The PL is not a level above those competitions