Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

His distribution was actually very good in the last two USA matches he played. He probably has been working on it a lot in training. 

I was kidding. But it is pretty bad.

As to your other points, I continue to think of Bradley as "the one who got away", and I think Yedlin's lack of chances this spring come mostly from being a young player moving to a new club as a winter transfer right on the back of a full MLS season. I think the Gold Cup this summer will give him a chance to get some steady minutes with the national team, find his form, and go into next season in a better position to put himself in the picture at Tottenham. It's still early days for him. Would I love to have him (either of them) at Villa? Of course. Do I think it'll happen? Not likely.

I, for one, would be happy to see us go for a player like Jordan Morris. The kid is a spark of energy and he doesn't seem to be afraid of anybody. This could be his summer.

We had a deal agreed for Bradley, think it was 2.6million, McLeish pulled the plug on it and signed Jenas.

Bradley played a game for the reserves and looked shit.  We decided against signing him.  He probably should have been given more of a chance, but he did get one and didn't take it.

I remember the few games he did get a run out for the first team... Looked incredibly nervous, it weren't the Michael Bradley we know, I think he just needed games personally..

Every time I watch Michael Bradley play for USA, I always think what could have been if Houllier actually gave him a chance. Bradley is the American Schweinsteiger. 

We should really pursue Deandre Yedlin from spurs if they don't want him. He made Blind and Germany's defense look amateur numerous times. I don't understand how Yedlin isn't played more.

Oh also that American goal keeper Guzan is pretty good. We should sign him up. 

I watch him play for Toronto last year and for some reason he was taking every set piece.

The guy is absolute toilet, has zero technical ability what so ever. Tries to spray the ball about and it is embarrassing.

He looks promising. If he turns out to be as good as Delph he would sort out right back issue for many a year.

If his injury luck is anything like Delph's we'd be sorted for a right back in time for the 2020 season.

• Like 1

as much as I dont want Richards, Sherwood has done a good job so far reforming out of sorts players etc Adebayor, Benteke, Cleverley

thats the only positive I can think of signing him :P

Personally, I think Richards is a good right back.  I'd be disappointed if he sits on huge wages, but I'd be all for signing him otherwise.  Improvement on Hutton/Bacuna/Lowton.

It is all about the wages for me, if Richards is coming in then he had better be prepared for a massive drop in wages until he proves himself again in my opinion. Would it be fair to bring in a player who has barely played in three seasons on wages that make him one of your top earners? He is a big risk for a team like us on a limited budget and If he were to come in then it would have to be heavily incentivised pay, as he could end up being either injured a lot, or massively off the pace of the game after so long without playing.

Edited by NeilS

Just saw Mulumbu on the "released" players list.  Quite surprised by that, he always looked fairly handy for West Brom.  Anyone paid much attention to him?  Would he be a player worth snapping up since Cleverley went to Everton?

• Like 1

Just saw Mulumbu on the "released" players list.  Quite surprised by that, he always looked fairly handy for West Brom.  Anyone paid much attention to him?  Would he be a player worth snapping up since Cleverley went to Everton?

Very surprised at that - that game where we came back to draw from 2-0 down he was immense. Must have injury problems.

RICHARDS BACKED FOR VILLA

Sky Bet have suspended betting on Aston Villa signing Micah Richards this summer after seeing the Midlands club backed at as short as 1/2. Villa were 10/1 to land the right-back last night but have attracted heavy support since he was confirmed on Manchester City's release list.

http://www1.skysports.com/transfer-centre/