Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Joe Coledid a good job when called upon.

Not disputing that - it's just that he only started one or two games and went off injured in both IIRC (may be wrong). He was injured for most of the season and didn't offer us anything other than the Burnley goal.

With a bit of luck (and common sense) he'll be signed on a pay as you play deal.  Or at least a big chunk of his wages will be set to that model.

Which if he comes on a free means its effectively a risk free signing.

He should sack his agent immediately ( and consider other horrible GoT style atrocities ) if he's signing anything remotely similar to this with almost 3 months until the transfer window shuts. 

in the last hour has come from 16-1 to 2-1

On such a small market, as little as your £50 and a couple of similar thinking others are enough to shorten the odds significantly.

The bookies don't have any inside info.

Richards is awful, would be a terrible move by the club. Looked like a pub player in Europa League a few weeks back

This - big downgrade on Vlaar if anything.

I agree but only in the sense that it's because we'd be replacing a centre back with a right back. Never a good idea to start with. As for Micah Richards the right back. Yes please.
  • Like 1

Really BOF? He's absolutely braindead defensively.

I haven't seen him in a while so I might be working off old info but the Richards I remember was a good player.

When he was a promising youngster, which was about 8 years ago now, he looked like he had awesome potential but he just never, ever improved IMO. Once he lost the youthful exuberance and the confidence, he just fell to shit. 19 league games in 4 seasons. 

I do not understand the fans who want us to sign Micah Richards, the guy has barely played in three seasons. Looking at Wikipedia he has played 19 games in the last three seasons, you have to wonder whether he is up to it physically or mentally anymore?

Same thing was said about Sinclair too. I'm willing to give him a chance, but I don't know much about his character or how fit he really is. Hopefully the staff can judge him correctly and make the right decision either way.

For me a lot would depend on the wages he is after, and how hungry he is to get back playing. As you mention Sinclair has done ok for us in his brief-ish playing time, but I still need to be convinced he can do it long term over the course of a season. Richards would be a massive risk for any club to pick up if he is still looking at £40k per week wages, when we can't be certain he has the ability for the top level anymore. Too big a risk for us in my opinion, we need some solid reliable players at the back.

Richards should probably have gone on be a better player than he has become - should've left City a lot earlier. I agree that his best position always seemed to be right-back. If we signed him on modest wages to compete with Bacuna and cover at centre-back if the situation requires, then it's not so bad. Never should be coming in to be one of the first-choice centre-backs however.

When he was a promising youngster, which was about 8 years ago now, he looked like he had awesome potential but he just never, ever improved IMO. Once he lost the youthful exuberance and the confidence, he just fell to shit. 19 league games in 4 seasons.

Yeah you might be right. I do wonder though, whether a player who isn't good enough for a Champions League side might actually be plenty good enough to improve us from where we are, and the new lower pressure environment might help him to rediscover his hunger and form.  Just a thunk though.

• Like 1

It's 19 league games in 3 seasons, still pretty shocking admittedly. However, I'd like to see us take a punt on him, think he'd be better than any of our current RBs, is on a free and can cover CB.

I signed Micah Richards on a free on my Villa save on FM 15,

We won the league by year 3 and the champions league by year 5 with him starting nearly every week.

Never did get back in the England setup though. Martinez, you ****er.

Anyway, sign him up I say.

Sinclair has already proved that lack of games from a stint at City doesn't mean a player can't come here and make an impact. If the wages were right I'd be all for Richards to join, he's on a free, can play RB & CB and is a complete unit. My concern would be more that he'd have to have an extensive and in depth medical before we signed off on him