Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

L'equipe supposedly claim Florentin Pogba wants to move to England and that he has a deal offered (opportunity) from the club. Current deal expires 2016. http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/football/transferts/fil-info/aston-villa-sur-florentin-pogba-753803/ http://mobile.le10sport.com/football/mercato/mercato-asse-un-nouveau-depart-a-prevoir-pour-galtier-191456 The original l'equipe article is behind a paywall and I don't have a subscription there.

Is he any good or not? Judging by his brothers Paul is a excellent player but Matthias who used to play for Crewe and now plays for Crawley has struggled over here.

He is decent, a centre back by trade - they also have another brother who is a striker. The last time I saw him was around January I think, he looked good for them though, absolute unit. 

Florentin-Pogba-premiere_article_hover_p

fratelli-pogba.jpg

Yes this is the kind of signing we should be making and i bet we can get him without writing off our transfer kitty.

What's your point? Delph was voted ours yet for me Benteke had more of an effect on our season after he recovered. These awards are meaningless. In either case he just relegated and he claims he will stay at Hull, doesn't come across as the "winner" Sherwood has been banging on about to me atleast either.

I don't think Baker should be completely dismissed as CH.Depending on whether Vlaar goes or not, i think Baker, Clark, and Okores all showed enough last season to suggest that they should be kept, and won't let the team down.I still think Bacuna could be a very good RB, and that Sanchez, with a full pre-season behind him, will be a success next year, that leaves a replacement for Cleverley, and more competition, would love Dembele and Ki, or either, but for me we need better players in and around CB, that is our key signings in the summer.

Senderos is honestly better than Dawson. Have people even watched him play for Hull this season or are they going on his Spurs performances? (which weren't great either)

Whilst I'm sure you spent the season watching Hull play, I'll err on the side of caution and say this carries more weight.

http://tinyurl.com/qatvytw

Stephen Ireland won our fans' player of the year a few years ago. 

I'd be more then happy with Dawson. Shouldn't cost more then £2-3 million. Experienced, leader, still has 3 - 4 years left in him. Better then Baker and Senderos as backup to Clark and Okore. Perfect cheap replacement for Vllar.

Makes me laugh when people think we are to good for the likes of Dawson and even Townsend FFS.

This times a million. We're a crap side that's barely avoided relegation four/five years in a row. 

Senderos is honestly better than Dawson. Have people even watched him play for Hull this season or are they going on his Spurs performances? (which weren't great either)

Senderos and Dawson are very similar quality imo. Experienced, decent centre halves that admittedly are occasionally liabilities. Unless our budget is a lot bigger than any of us expect, we could do a lot worse than getting someone like Dawson or Johnny Evans in. And by a lot worse, imagine players as crap as Sylla, Tonev, Bowery or Luna (different positions I know) next to Nathan Baker.

We're not signing Gary Cahill anytime soon.

I'd take Evans. Quality if he can stay fit. Many will disagree but I think he would be a good fit for us.

• Like 2

Whilst I'm sure you spent the season watching Hull play, I'll err on the side of caution and say this carries more weight.

http://tinyurl.com/qatvytw

Stephen Ireland won our fans' player of the year a few years ago. 

Yep which probably sums up how shite we have been for the past few years.

What's your point? Delph was voted ours yet for me Benteke had more of an effect on our season after he recovered. These awards are meaningless. In either case he just relegated and he claims he will stay at Hull, doesn't come across as the "winner" Sherwood has been banging on about to me atleast either.

My point is you're gobbing off about whether people have seen him play this season like you've got some in depth knowledge of his performances. I don't claim to have spent much time watching Hull this season, but it appears he's had a very solid season in an atrocious team. As someone said - we're not signing Gary Cahill - so we need to look at solid albeit unspectacular players.

When we're linked with a player who I haven't seen much recently, I see what other people think. In this instance, you come across as all knowing, but I think I'll put more faith in the opinions of a number of Hull fans and their local sports journo.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Pogba link is lies. We are linked to Jenkinson which sounds more like Sherwood

Be a great addition if we could get him, but it'd only be for a year:

Arsenal Do Not Want to Sell Jenkinson

"But Wenger insists he wants to keep [Jenkinson] and will only consider another loan deal for the defender next season.

Speaking in his pre-match press conference ahead of Monday's game with Swansea, Wenger said: 'The decision is now whether to bring him back now or give him one more year on loan.'"

Not sure what the Cahill comments have to do with it. It's the manager that stated he wants winners not me. I have seen Dawson play this season enough to form an opinion and have come up with my own conclusion he isn't an improvement on Senderos and I still maintain this. We need a different type of player at the back i.e someone more pacey. Dawson isn't that player. I remember a certain N'zogbia having the fans/media talk him up highly and we have seen how that has played out.

Isn't jenkinson a right back, so would still need a centre back too.

Does anyone recall whether Ts played dembele much during his time in charge at spurzzz, he could be a good replacement for cleverly.

For some strange reason theres loads of talk of us signing Lord Townsend on Twitter.

Cant see it being true at all, but do you think it would be a good signing?

Actually yes I do. He's direct, unafraid of shooting and quick.

However spudzzz would want silly money for him and I'm unsure how amicable Ts is with spudzz following his departure.

• Like 1

Isn't jenkinson a right back, so would still need a centre back too.

Does anyone recall whether Ts played dembele much during his time in charge at spurzzz, he could be a good replacement for cleverly.

I was wondering the same thing. Dembele will probably leave Spurs anyway. Though I doubt he will score many goals and we could use exactly that from our midfield.
  • Like 1

Based on what? Sherwood's never even had a summer transfer window.

I think he means they are spelled similar in that Jenkinson has 9 letters and Sherwood has 8. Pogba sounds nothing like them ;)

Based on what? Sherwood's never even had a summer transfer window.

I just think he would go the young and british route. I dont think he will gamble with too many foreigners.. doesnt mean he wont sign any.. but i think he will go with proven players he knows. French link to Pogba sounds too similar to the Belhanda drama.

Edited by KSV