Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Wilson has another year on his contract. I would like Garbutt (Free) and Trippier (3.5mill) signed. I'd be happy with making them both first choice too. Then experience in midfield, another leader.

Milner will do a solid job at Liverpool but him, Henderson, Allen it's all a bit workman like really. Where is the fantasy and magic especially if Coutinho picks up an injury.

Yes theres no flare in their midfield apart from Coutinho. Milner is the ideal replacement for Gerrard though

I like us to make a bid for Hughes of Derby. He impressed me last season and only just 20 but read he's rated at 15 mil. So maybe too much. 

Wilson has another year on his contract. I would like Garbutt (Free) and Trippier (3.5mill) signed. I'd be happy with making them both first choice too. Then experience in midfield, another leader.

Then Wilson signs a new contract or they may have to cash in on him. I rate him very highly. He's as quick as Gabby but a better finisher and more skilful and i haven't seen a forward work harder. 

Edited by PaulC

Garbutt is a great shout, young promising player but he doesn't get a look in at Everton and he's on a free, wages wouldn't be ridiculous either

Agreeing to sign a decent player or three now when the window opens might suggest to Benteke and Cleverley that we are looking to improve on the bottom 6 next year. Oh well.... 

• Like 1

Milner has had one season in his entire career where he's played as a central midfielder. So not sure if he's the ideal replacement for Gerrard.

True but that was his best season ever. I dont think he's a good wide man because he hasn't got a lot of pace. 

Agreeing to sign a decent player or three now when the window opens might suggest to Benteke and Cleverley that we are looking to improve on the bottom 6 next year. Oh well.... 

I think Benteke and Cleverley minds have been made up for a while, we could sign Ronaldo and Messi but it will not convince them. To be perfectly honest if players do not want to play for Aston Villa, I prefer they move elsewhere.

I think Benteke and Cleverley minds have been made up for a while, we could sign Ronaldo and Messi but it will not convince them. To be perfectly honest if players do not want to play for Aston Villa, I prefer they move elsewhere.
That's a bit OTT. In the dreamland where we sign Ronaldo and Messi, I'm pretty sure Benteke and Cleverley would sign for us in a heartbeat.

... But I get your point.

with such an awful season, where weve finished 1 point above relegation, help one team make the quickest hatrick in the league, and another team win the fa cup with a truely high score, would anyone actually sign for us?

I'm not sure it's very healthy to be so reliant on a single goal scorer because if he gets injured or loses form you are screwed.

This. We saw what happened to us when Benteke was out for a few games this season. We are VERY reliant on him atm which makes us very vulnerable if he leaves.

I'd also be concerned about bringing in as many signings as some of us are suggesting. Certainly there's a big need for change but replacing more than half the first team squad is asking for disaster. QPR had that problem a while back, brought in a whole load of guys and then found out they couldn't play together.

with such an awful season, where weve finished 1 point above relegation, help one team make the quickest hatrick in the league, and another team win the fa cup with a truely high score, would anyone actually sign for us?

Yes.

We got to an FA Cup Final, we have what could be described as an 'up and coming' manager in Sherwood. We have a few decent internationals in Delph, Vlaar and Guzan etc, not to mention some decent youngsters like Grealish.

Yes, we finished 1 place above relegation, but people need to consider the effect that an upcoming FA Cup Final had on those last few league matches.

That's all before we get to the fact that we're a Premier League team, who will hopefully benefit from the new TV money (plus, we've now got Darren Bent off our wage bill! Which is probably going to benefit us more than the TV money will!)

Not all is doom and gloom at Villa. We can still attract good players.

• Like 1

This summer window is massive for Villa. If cleverley signs for everton vlaar leaves on free and Tekkers is sold which all are likely, Villa need to get their business done quickly. Im not saying just spend like idiots on rubbish, but sherwood has to get his squad assembled for pre season.

All new teams that have a massive overhaul need time to gel we cannot afford to go into the season ill prepared we have to be playing them friendlies where they mean something and the players getting used to playing in a different team and maybe for some a different country.

Im not opposed to free signings but they will not be are match winners this is my opinion, as you normally get what you pay for.

Randy lerner knows he has to invest he may not want to but he knows he has to, he is fully aware that we have been getting closer and closer to the drop and Villa will not be as lucky next season. Baring this in mind if lerner wants the club to further stabilise finances and is happy for a championship spot then we will be spending next to nothing.

Overall I think we need to spend  the tekkers money + £15-20million ontop. for me we need the following postions with new players for starting 11

New GK

New ABATE or Richards  ????                     New CB Michael Dawson????    OKore/Vlaar                New LB

DM M Diame                 Delph

Gill                                  Grealish                                           New AM

New Striker

I think Grealish and Delph are the only current players guarenteed starts, Gil will have to try and change tims view       

Edited by villan501
  • Like 1

If we sell Benteke we need to bring in two new strikers. Maybe cb is not as big an  issue as people make out, Clark when he gets fit is good and a fully fit Vlaar if he stays + Okore and then Baker as well. 

Edited by PaulC