Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Any news on Gladwin? Reports were we'd cooled on Luongo so seeing as it's only the one deal confirmed are we still after him?

He's been confirmed to QPR now also.

• Like 1

Quote from Gladwin taken from the QPR OS.

"I'm really pleased to be joining the club - and I'm really excited. There was interest from the Premier League but for me, personally, I think this move is a little more realistic at this stage of my career."

Edited by sexbelowsound

If we were, it'll be because the manager knows them and they represented good value for money. Why else?

If either of them make it as top players I'm sure people will be cribbing we didn't do everything to sign them. (On that note, if we wanted them that badly I'm sure we would've offered to buy them and loan them to QPR for a minimum of a season with us picking up their wages)

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?188057-hats-off-for-swindon&s=7cf54540f817f2cb1f222b6d7e3705a0

HAHA apparently Levy lost out on Luongo's massive sell on clause:

apparently they've screwed over spurs and more importantly Daniel Levy on this deal. despite it being a combined fee for Luongo and Gladwin of 3-4mill we've apparently got Luongo for less than a million! Swindon have done it this way so they don't have to pay a wacking big sell on percentage to Spurs. Pulling a Levy on Levy which is fantastic

• Like 4

I doubt we'll be signing anyone until it's known whether Lerner will be at the club next season or not. QPR released a load of players the other day including Barton and Ferdinand so could probably afford to offer a good wage as well.

The more I think about it the more I think we bid because the club was probably informed QPR were in for them and Sherwood probably had them on that "list", think if the future of the club was clear they would be here personally. Just my take on it.

I doubt we'll be signing anyone until it's known whether Lerner will be at the club next season or not. QPR released a load of players the other day including Barton and Ferdinand so could probably afford to offer a good wage as well.

We've already signed scott sinclair

We've already signed scott sinclair

But that was something that was already agreed upon back in January.

Even if Lerner were to give the go ahead to make signings, it's not hard to imagine that some players, especially less established ones, might be reluctant to sign up knowing that future of the club is up in the air.

Could probably have £40m+ to spend this summer. Think Southampton spent around £56m last summer and pretty much just bought a new core and got a few loans in to cover it. Chances of it happening again are probably slim. Takes me back to Sherwood's column when he stated he could save a premier league chairman a lot of money on air fare and scouting by just looking at the championship and below, wouldn't be the worst thing I guess but a championship spine would again lead to more struggling for me if we went for that route.

Even if Lerner were to give the go ahead to make signings, it's not hard to imagine that some players, especially less established ones, might be reluctant to sign up knowing that future of the club is up in the air.

I would say signing for QPR who will probably get a massive fine and a transfer ban will make life very difficult for them in championship next season so the future of that club is very much up in the air. QPR could do a Pompey I reckon.