Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 01:57, rodders0223 said:

Rickie Lambert "giving it the big-un" after his tap in. Bruv, you haven't been relevant in about 5 years. Calm down.

Yeah I thought that too, was he having a bit of a pop at the Villa fans?

Completely forgot Newcastle had signed Darryl Murphy until he played for them tonight.

Looks a bit of a pointless signing given the good form of Gayle and Mitrovic.

Cheik Tiote is another one who seems to be forever on the brink of leaving Newcastle but is still there.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

England appointing Southgate got me thinking of when he signed Afonso Alves for 12m....anyone know where he's playing now.

He has retired. Played a few seasons in Qatar after Boro.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Freddy Adu

Former U.S. wonderkid Freddy Adu sells vacuum cleaners on Twitter

Once upon a time, a teenage Freddy Adu was being hyped as "the new Pele," such was the prodigious young American striker's potential to take the football world by storm.

Since those heady days in the early 2000s when he had a trial with Manchester United and was top of Championship Manager's wonderkid list, Adu's stock has continued to fall and fall as repeated attempts to kick-start his career have seen his progress hampered at every turn.

After botched stints in Portugal, Turkey, Finland, Serbia and Brazil, the 26-year-old is currently back on home soil plying his trade at Tampa Bay Rowdies in the NASL.

That said, if his latest sponsored tweet is anything to go by, it looks as though his career is a mess (get it?) at the moment.

No mess can beat me thanks to my new @HooverUSA Cordless 2-In-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum #NoCordNoBull#sponsored pic.twitter.com/cBcD9ghHAV

- Freddy Adu (@FreddyAdu) November 18, 2015

It's easy to sneer, but the guy has successfully carved himself out a (slightly meandering) career as a professional footballer and still has enough of a profile to make a bit of extra cash on the side. And he has a clean house. That's more than most of us can say, isn't it?

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/the-toe-poke/65/post/2718972/freddy-adu-sells-vacuum-cleaners-on-twitter

• Like 1

Â