Players you've completely forgotten about

VillaChris

On 10/25/2016 at 21:30, mikeyp102 said:

A football manager gem but never made it big

Absolutel;y

FM legend from back in the day along with Freddy Adu

FM aside, one of ours. The mighty atom, Alan Wright.

The thing was when i was a young'un, Alan Wright, despite being about 3 inches tall, would get up and actually win a few headers, that used tog et a few cheers. Celebrateable, like if a 6 year old nutmegs an adult on the park kind of thing, you rhink "fair play". 

He was like a tiny Dhalsim from Streetfighter 2. Also i remember something about him getting injured reaching for the pedal of a Ferrari or something. Ah Wrighty, those were the days. 

"

But the driving experience of a lifetime turned into a nightmare for Wright, who was left nursing an injured right knee due to the unique positioning of the accelerator pedal.

So Wright waved goodbye to his 165mph sports car with a tear in his eye and traded it in for a club sponsored Rover instead.

" from 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-a-ferrari-stalled-wright-2301369

from a ferrari........... to this

Rover-metro-6.jpg

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

On 08/11/2016 at 18:14, Xela said:

Back in the late 80's I'm sure all the Villa players had Rovers, and they were sponsored by Colliers!

They used to drive new Rovers around the pitch pre game :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Think it was at Spurs they pushed him upfront and he scored a few goals but yeah not a glorious period for Spurs....

Talking of that, Paul Warhurst

Centre back turned Forward, who got an England cap! Had a great run of form for Sheff Wed IIRC

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That guy who used to be a shit centre back for ROI and was them sometimes used as a shit CF.
Played for Norwich IIRC.

he got one goal for Ireland think vs Albania and he hit it a mile wide and somehow deflected in :lol: one of worst defenders to play Premier League

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Knowing what I do now about traumatic brain injuries, I have to admit my laughter was definitely of the guilty kind there, but I'd be lying if I said I avoided it entirely. 

worse part is I dont think it has ever been explained with Robert was trying to do

Was looking at the USA squad for the recent qualifiers the other day and honestly had to do a double take when I saw DaMarcus Beasley's name listed as a sub for them...

He must be nearly 40 now....I remember him playing in the 2002 world cup and he played for Man. City around that time.

Â