Defence

sexbelowsound

Anyone know if we can recall Donacien from Tranmere? Can't go into the rest of the season with 2 fit centre backs.

I would doubt it 

If Vlaar\Okore get injured we are down to Senderos  or stand ins such as Lowton\Sanchez - hopefully Vlaar \ Okore stay fit for Everton \ West Ham .....

Ponky that made me spit my coffee over the key board mate, sooooo wrong.

IMO we have to be ruthless here, either they are all injury prone or if not runing over black (cats?) then something must be is going badly wrong with the fitness conditioning.

For what it's worth these are my thoughts.

I would let Vlaar go, he just can't stay fit.

I would sell Baker, I would love to know how many games he has gone off injured it must be high. He's not a bad player but his injury record is awful.

God only knows what has happened to Senderos but he did well when he played so if anyone ever spots him again please point him in the direction of VP. I would keep him at least until his contract expires.

Clark has been for me our Player of the season, he's no longer the second half of the Chuckle Brothers. Get him to sign a new contact ASAP.

Okore is still a rough diamond but he's going to get better and better, keep.

So that's 2 of 5 gone for me so we will need 2 decent CH this summer, preferably one's with good injury records. If any of our young player's fit the bill then all the better.

• Like 1

Sherwood is probably arrogant enough to turn one of our less favoured defenders i.e. Luna or Bennett and turn them in to absolute world beaters.

Have we seen Cissokho in a Sherwood team yet? Can't remember how long he's been injured now...

Disappointed we haven't tied Vlaar down to a new contract. Yes he is injury prone, but iirc Laursen gave us an injury free season and was absolutely fantastic while at the "wrong side" of 30.

I definitely think we should stick to the Trident Programme. I just think we need to be focusing on defence as an insurance rather than weakening them especially with the way Russia are recently... 

Oh... Wrong forum

• Like 1

I would let Vlaar go, he just can't stay fit.

I would sell Baker, I would love to know how many games he has gone off injured it must be high. He's not a bad player but his injury record is awful.

God only knows what has happened to Senderos but he did well when he played so if anyone ever spots him again please point him in the direction of VP. I would keep him at least until his contract expires.

Clark has been for me our Player of the season, he's no longer the second half of the Chuckle Brothers. Get him to sign a new contact ASAP.

Okore is still a rough diamond but he's going to get better and better, keep.

So that's 2 of 5 gone for me so we will need 2 decent CH this summer, preferably one's with good injury records. If any of our young player's fit the bill then all the better.

Agree. We have 5 centre backs, 3 are injured and 1 of the fit ones is an injury waiting to happen!

What happened to tough centre backs who never got injured! 

Â