2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

in the meantime we've got Cortese on board to help out.

When did this happen?

It didn't happen, where's the rest of my post? I only thought of Cortese because of Collymore's tweet about bringing in the best people at their jobs, together with the rumours that Randy might appoint a chairman in his stead.

Seeing as we're speculating a lot.. Those saying that we have a good thing with Fox, Reilly and Sherwood. What if one of Lerner's requirements was that those three are kept on. Maybe it's taken this long because he's had to turn down buyers that were going to make wholesale sweeping changes that would have possibly had a negative impact on the club. It's all speculation but just because new owners come in doesn't mean the old guard are instantly removed..

Based on how the clubs starting to turn round this might be the best way to steady the ship, at least in the short term.

Personally, I'm starting to think the deal is all but done, and any announcement is being held off until Tim can get his first targets in for as cheap as possible. As soon as the takeover is announced we'll be paying hefty fees all over the shop

You can't sell your business and demand its run how you want after the fact.

New owners will do what they want. See Kraft's buyout of Cadbury.

This is true actually, although depends on the buyer. On the other hand, the buyers may just decide to keep the current top brass in place, and just replace the chairman/investment holder, at least for the foreseeable future.

Like many, I wouldn't be too keen on ANOTHER reshuffle of personel. Not least now when we seem to have finally got a sense of where we are, where we're going and what we can afford to spend. I like the business team we have currently, maybe the new buyers are in the same boat

Went in to the make shift ticket office today to get my season ticket refunded from an adult to student one... They didn't say as much but I guaged from what they were saying / reaction there may potentially be something announced next week. Take it with a pinch of salt all you like, but I got the impression that something is due, just nobody knows exactly when. As pointless as that sounds!

Went in to the make shift ticket office today to get my season ticket refunded from an adult to student one... They didn't say as much but I guaged from what they were saying / reaction there may potentially be something announced next week. Take it with a pinch of salt all you like, but I got the impression that something is due, just nobody knows exactly when. As pointless as that sounds!

Just curious, what exactly gave you that impression? 

Â