2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I heard that Pat Nevin has told the BBC that Adams has NOT been promised a role at the club by these mysterious investors.

I'm not at my PC so maybe somebody could do the work for me!

Which in another way kind of verifies that there are investors, if we've gone beyond the point of asking and they're now discussing who'll be doing what. Where'd I put that popcorn.

It seems that the Adams thing is a bit misleading. The man behind this is the Chelsea guy Paul Smith. It seems he has serious backers and he is looking for investors rather than a £75m loan, which is frankly a bit silly (the loan part).

That's my take.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

BBC very rarely put up stories that have no substance and why the random quotes from Sherwood praising Adams?

This will happen imo. About as exciting as anything that has proceeded it in the last five years.

I was sent this by somebody who cannot currently post...

It was Pat Murphy not Nevin.

BBC Radio 5 live Midlands football reporter Pat Murphy: "Paul Smith, not Tony Adams, is the brains behind this bid for Aston Villa. I understand Adams had a chat with Smith some time ago about the football issues involved in possibly bidding for Aston Villa Football club but at no stage has a role been promised for him if the bid is successful. There is no danger of Tim Sherwood being threatened.

"Smith is the one putting money together from city investors. I understand he is going for a bid for £150m."

From here - http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/32520616

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Wow this is all interesting. Away from the internet for 1 day and all this happens? 

Hmmm.... I've wanted Lerner out for so long. But now he's hired Fox the idea of a takeover scares me a bit.

If he hadn't have hired Fox then I'd be all for this.

If Fox has a role within any takeover then i'm all for it.

I'm probably putting way too much thought into Fox's role in all this, but he's made me me enjoy watching Villa again for the first time in 4 or 5 years with his decisions, I don't really want to see the back of him just yet.

BBC very rarely put up stories that have no substance and why the random quotes from Sherwood praising Adams?

This will happen imo. About as exciting as anything that has proceeded it in the last five years.

He said he know Tony from playing. only quote i found and hardly praise

I'd rather have Doug back than this. Investors are going to want a return on any money they invest.

So where does it come from?

Selling of the likes of Benteke, Delph and Grealish to give them a return?

Taking away the new TV money giving us no money to invest in new playing staff?

Or do they secure their investment against VP or Bodymoor heath meaning they could potentially fall into private hands?

I'd love Villa to be owned by the fans meaning that this sort of shit wouldn't happen.

I'd rather have Doug back than this. Investors are going to want a return on any money they invest.

So where does it come from?

Selling of the likes of Benteke, Delph and Grealish to give them a return?

Taking away the new TV money giving us no money to invest in new playing staff?

Or do they secure their investment against VP or Bodymoor heath meaning they could potentially fall into private hands?

I'd love Villa to be owned by the fans meaning that this sort of shit wouldn't happen.

Anyone that puts money into anything is termed an "investor". It means diddly squat at this moment in time. 

THE Paul Smith? I like his gear. Decent attire on a budget.

I've got a pair of his shoes somewhere. Therefore I'll be the nominated ITK on this one.

• Like 1

Â