Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

VP should be at capacity for this one. New manager, on a nice cup run, relegation rival, its a huge match, and the 12th man could be decisive.

Stoke wont be any where near the mix for relegation. Would be good to get a bumper crowd in for this one and hopefully play as we did second half against Leicester. Shame Sherwood's first game isn't away to Hull as i'd fancy us. Stoke will be very tough and we rarely ever get a result at VP against them. We absolutely cannot afford to lose this one. A win would be unthinkably good for us.

Vlaar simply has to start - today showed not only how solid he is but how composed he is and good on the ball. Hopefully Gil will be back for this (anyone know the extent of his injury?). I'd also expect Bacuna to feature. Huge game.

VP should be at capacity for this one. New manager, on a nice cup run, relegation rival, its a huge match, and the 12th man could be decisive.

Stoke wont be any where near the mix for relegation. Would be good to get a bumper crowd in for this one and hopefully play as we did second half against Leicester. Shame Sherwood's first game isn't away to Hull as i'd fancy us. Stoke will be very tough and we rarely ever get a result at VP against them. We absolutely cannot afford to lose this one. A win would be unthinkably good for us.

Vlaar simply has to start - today showed not only how solid he is but how composed he is and good on the ball. Hopefully Gil will be back for this (anyone know the extent of his injury?). I'd also expect Bacuna to feature. Huge game.

Just a tight groin apparently. He will be back for this one no doubt.

Stoke were a total shambles at Blackburn and have a tonne of injuries.....Shawcross, Bojan, Pieters, Ireland, Wilson, Munisea, Walters all injured although a couple of them might  return against us. Cameron is suspended aswell.

This is shaping up to a must win for me....we certainly should be scoring a goal or two against the back 4 they'll be putting out.

Need to be careful not to flood forward at every opportunity as this is the best team Stoke have assembled for away games since they've been in the premier league with the pace they have in Diouf and Victor Moses. And Crouch is always a handful.

Tough one but I'll go for a 2-1 win.

Felt confident before the Leicester away game when they had quite a few key players out; and we all know how that went.

But after a week of the new man getting into the players heads im sure we can pull this off and start scoring a bit more freely. Build Benteke's confidence back up and watch Beastmode make a long overdue return

2-0 The Villa

Benteke x2

???

I guess I was just assuming they were down near us. Anyhow, they are a team we should beat dammit!

"Equipo Ganador No Se Cambia"

Sherwood will have a hard time picking a team but I reckon.

Given

Clark Okore Vlaar Cissokho

Gil Sanchez Bacuna Sinclair

Weimann Benteke

Should be the lineup.

I bloody hope not mate.

Going to be a very interesting game, I think we're going to play a lot of long balls.

I'd like to see:

GK: Guzan

LB: Cissokho

CB: Clark

CB: Vlaar

RB: Hutton

CDM: Sanchez

CM: Delph

CM: Cleverley

LW: Bacuna

ST: Benteke

RW: Gil

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

First time Sherwood will pick the team, but you'd assume he'd have a lot of assistance from the Marshalls after only 5 days of watching training. For that reason I think we'll go similarly to how we went against Leicester, but with a few changes, so something like:

Guzan

Hutton     Clark      Vlaar       Cissokho

Cleverley Westwood  Delph

Gil               Benteke          Bacuna

As much as I like certain attributes of Weimann and Gabby, I just think it sends the right message to start Bacuna. I know he makes mistakes, but he really did provide the turning point for us on Sunday. I've left out Sinclair just because I think he's still a little off starting in terms of sharpness.

@Samjp26 - great minds eh?

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2