Kingman

I'd go with this

Guzman

Hutton vlaar Clark aly

Sanchez delph

bacuna. Sinclair

Gil

Benteke

think this offers width and a well balanced midfield two , and gil could be be fantastic behind benteke

I like this, but thought Guzman played for Napoli -   is he any good in nets?

I'd go with this

Guzman

Hutton vlaar Clark aly

Sanchez delph

bacuna. Sinclair

Gil

Benteke

think this offers width and a well balanced midfield two , and gil could be be fantastic behind benteke

I like this, but thought Guzman played for Napoli -   is he any good in nets?

You obviously haven't heard a Niall Quinn commentary, n00b

• Like 3

I've got a feeling it could be

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Clark Cissoko

Gil Cleverly Delph Gabby

Weimann Beneteke

Subs: Given, Okore, Bacuna, Sinclair, Westwood, Sanchez, Grealish/Cole

This isn't what I would play but it wouldn't surprise me to see 'last chance saloon for Gabby' (if fit) and Cleverly asked to push a bit further forward and Hutton and Cissoko being asked to limit their runs forward.  If not Gabby then Sinclair

I can see it being that. But I doubt gabby will be playing given he's having some sort of surgery (unless it's REALLY minor)

Wouldn't be surprised to see N'Zogbia on the left. new start and all that.

• Like 1

All this talk of Stoke's injury crisis is very premature . . . they'll be able to line up with a full back 4 of Bardsley - - - Wollscheid - - - Wilson - - - Pieters (as mentioned on their blog above) which is perfectly decent. We will have to win this one ourselves. Expect Crouch to score at least once, so we'll need to deserve this one. 

The more i look at our team the more i think our midfield is just full of the same players.

Sanchez, Cleverley, Delph and Westwood could all play the holding midfielder infront of the back 4. Gil has shown his attacking intents and maybe sinclair with his pace and a bit more match practice could be a good player for us but for me its so obvious we need another 3 or 4 players to actually go and attack. 

I suppose its easier to say the grass is always greener but our team is so devoid of any attacking intent i would be much happier with winning or losing games 3-2 than playing for boring 1-0's every week (and failing miserably at that) 

Sherwood has a lot of work ahead and it will be interesting to see what he does in his first game.

I suppose its easier to say the grass is always greener but our team is so devoid of any attacking intent i would be much happier with winning or losing games 3-2 than playing for boring 1-0's every week (and failing miserably at that) 

It's all about points - people say they would just be happy with 'more exciting' football but if that doesnt deliver more points they will soon lose patience.

Creativity (and goals) are the most expensive commodities in football. We're spending on average £2m a player on fees - that doesnt buy too much creativity and attacking options

I will be very happy with boring 1-0 scorelines if they deliver PL survival

• Like 1

We don't have a great record against stoke, and teams outside the top 6 don't do many doubles (especially teams in the bottom 3 !!).

Against that there will be a positive feeling around, and I think the change in style will have an immediate effect, so plumping for a draw on balance. Maybe a win if we get an early goal as the impetus would then be terrific.

A win would be a bonus.

We won't sell out, but I would buy in advance if you want to sit anywhere in particular. You can buy online and print (on standard A4) or collect. Takes 10 minutes.

Thanks for the advice. Just booked my two tickets now. L6 in the Holte End, can't wait! 

• Like 1

This has got to be the game Benteke shows his true colors again. He flirted with a goal against Leicester. Let's hope he'll make them count this time. I'll go with an optimistic 2-1. UTV!

I honestly cant believe Stoke are as high up in the table as they are. Their team is just plain average.

A plain average side that is 11 points ahead of us with a 17 goal difference better than Villa's.

We have been truly abject this season haven't we?

I prefur the term " clucking ship"