FA Cup Quarter Final Draw

Kingman

Reading or Blackburn for me.

Avoid Arsenal, Manyoo and Liverpool for obvious reasons.

Save WBA for the final.

Bradford would be dodgy as anything espcially on their ploughed field of a pitch. Awful.

Want Liverpool in the final to piss on Stevie g's birthday!!!

Like the BBC would ever allow us to do that.

My sentiments too. To say we'd be playing against 12 men (or 14 if you include the linesmen) would not be an understatement.
  • Like 1

At home and then against Reading, Blackburn or Bradford. 

Villa vs Reading

Liverpool vs Arsenal

Blackburn vs WBA

Bradford vs Preston/Manchester United

SF:

Villa vs Blackburn

Bradford vs Liverpool

F: 

Villa vs Bradford (we get even and they have a nice day out)  ;)

Oh and another thing. Unfortunately there is a rule change coming in this season which means there is no circumstance where the European spot goes to the cup loser. It will always go to the highest league placing that has not qualified for Europe. BOOOOOOOOOOO.

And just for the smartarses out there, obviously if the cup loser IS the highest placed league team not to qualify via the league then, yeah, that'll do it :P

Third paragraph in this article

... the UEFA Executive Committee agreed that the UEFA Club Competitions Committee should make the necessary regulatory changes to allow the best-placed non-qualified domestic championship club to enter the UEFA Europa League from the 2015/16 season, rather than the domestic cup runners-up, should the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Champions League via the final championship standings.

Oh and another thing. Unfortunately there is a rule change coming in this season which means there is no circumstance where the European spot goes to the cup loser. It will always go to the highest league placing that has not qualified for Europe. BOOOOOOOOOOO.

And just for the smartarses out there, obviously if the cup loser IS the highest placed league team not to qualify via the league then, yeah, that'll do it :P

i thought that was from the start of next season?   ( i think i read it somewhere on VT)

You know it's not going to happen.  We will get one of the PL sides.

Probably better to get one of them now at home rather than at Wembley but I would love a soft draw and get into the final.

I'd much rather play on the big stage myself than go out to Arsenal in the quarter final.  

Arsenal are the best side left in this IMO. They as we know are an 8 times out of 10 side, so if we catch them on one of those remaining 2 we've a good chance. Especially if we play to our natural strengths rather than the tippy tappy shite. Liverpool are very hit and miss too of course thought they are improving and United are still trying to find their stride. I think they are all beatable, but I'll happily put that off as long as possible!

I'd take the Baggies at VP. For sure. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

i thought that was from the start of next season?   ( i think i read it somewhere on VT)

It's next season's European competitions i.e. this season's FA Cup. See my edit underlined above.

No doubt it was a long way coming for the good of the competition and not at all influenced by hull getting the place over utd this season, and by good of the competition I do of course mean generate more revenue

I agree with it. Getting a spot in Europe for NOT winning a cup? Mental. 

No doubt it was a long way coming for the good of the competition and not at all influenced by hull getting the place over utd this season, and by good of the competition I do of course mean generate more revenue

TBH I can see why they would do it over and above the revenue/draw aspect. The league needs to keep their co-efficient high. Teams can jammy their way to the cup final in a way that they wouldn't jammy their way to 6th/7th in the Premier League, and then (briefly) represent England in Europe. Great for fans (of Hull, Wigan etc) but not so great for the league's all-important numbers.