FA Cup Quarter Final Draw

Kingman

last thing we will need is europe at this stage, we survive this year no way would current squad cope with bothe this and domestically. so better for us goes to league spot if we got to final

Statistically if we get to the final then the damage to our league form will have already been done. As for a subsequent European campaign then surely we have the summer to sort the squad out in preparation for that. Not to mention the new bumper Sky deal.

The only way we'll get into Europe is by winning the cup and I'm sorry but I'll take an FA Cup win every single time. It's been way too long since the last one. 58 years but then who's counting ... ?

• Like 4

Don't get the whole Bradford revenge business. I was angrier after the Chelsea semi-final, words removed.

I hope we get the easiest draw possible and it isn't a distraction to our league campaign. 

Yeah, this.  I really don't understand the Bradford hate at all.

In a cup competition, I love seeing the underdogs triumph - especially against Premier League opposition.  Sure, Bradford did it to us... like they did to Arsenal, Chelsea and the other big teams they've knocked out.  Fair play to them, especially given the disparity in earnings.  The cup is vital for them.

I see the whole "let's revenge this League One team in the most merciless way!" thing as pretty pathetic.  We're better than that :(

• Like 1

I'd take a cup win and relegation. 58 years.

Again, going by statistics, if the former happened then the latter would be highly likely too.

EDIT : Actually that's not fair. We were 12th in the league at the point where we entered the cup, so that gives us plenty of scope to worsen our league position* without necessarily being relegated.

* The past 10 FA Cup finalists have had a worse league position at the end of the cup than they had at the point where they entered. The only exception was when Chelsea stayed top and Portsmouth stayed bottom.

I'd take a cup win, stay up and win Europe league.

Then qualify for the Champions League as a result, win that, then the Super Cup and Club World Championship the season after. Totally doable! :D

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

last thing we will need is europe at this stage, we survive this year no way would current squad cope with bothe this and domestically. so better for us goes to league spot if we got to final

Statistically if we get to the final then the damage to our league form will have already been done. As for a subsequent European campaign then surely we have the summer to sort the squad out in preparation for that. Not to mention the new bumper Sky deal.

The only way we'll get into Europe is by winning the cup and I'm sorry but I'll take an FA Cup win every single time. It's been way too long since the last one. 58 years but then who's counting ... ?

I thought that the runner-up in the cup went into Europe if the winners already automatically qualify? Therefore, if any of Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal had already qualified for Europe, wouldn't we - as beaten finalists, also go into Europe? Or, did they change that rule?

I thought that the runner-up in the cup went into Europe if the winners already automatically qualify? Therefore, if any of Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal had already qualified for Europe, wouldn't we - as beaten finalists, also go into Europe?

Afraid not.

Don't get the whole Bradford revenge business. I was angrier after the Chelsea semi-final, words removed.

I hope we get the easiest draw possible and it isn't a distraction to our league campaign. 

Yeah, this.  I really don't understand the Bradford hate at all.

In a cup competition, I love seeing the underdogs triumph - especially against Premier League opposition.  Sure, Bradford did it to us... like they did to Arsenal, Chelsea and the other big teams they've knocked out.  Fair play to them, especially given the disparity in earnings.  The cup is vital for them.

I see the whole "let's revenge this League One team in the most merciless way!" thing as pretty pathetic.  We're better than that  :(

I dont think their is any hate but the Bradford game was like a hex around the neck of Lambert. We get them and beat them then I think would rest them demons

plus they are probably easiest side left ;)

I wouldn't. Relegation would put this club back years.

The Premier League is our bread and butter and our number one priority is to stay in it.

how would it put the club back years? We have already done that to ourselves through the owner since 2010. A cup win would be brilliant since its been 19 years since we last lifted a trophy 

I wouldn't. Relegation would put this club back years.

The Premier League is our bread and butter and our number one priority is to stay in it.

how would it put the club back years? We have already done that to ourselves through the owner since 2010. A cup win would be brilliant since its been 19 years since we last lifted a trophy

But we're still in the PL with a fighting chance. Relegation would kill us.

Anyway, I want Premier League survival AND an FA Cup. I don't see why they should be mutually exclusive.