Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

It's easy forget just how big Alaska is - it dwarfs Texas.

Texas is about the size (slightly smaller) of Metropolitan France, England, and Wales combined.

Alaska is about 2.5 times larger than that, or between Libya and Iran in area if it was independent. In European terms, it's Metropolitan France, Germany, the UK, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland and Austria.

Edited by leviramsey

While we are doing state trivia, Hawaii is the only state in the union which doesn't have a perfectly straight line amongst it's borders. 

carling :(

ive tried 24 of them, surprised by spain, never heard of that one

All the fine breweries we have and Carling is the most popular. Broken Britain!

Tried the Spanish one but thought San Mig was more popular. Same in the Philippines, I have drunk Red Horse but everyone I saw drank San Mig instead of it, although Red Horse was cheaper by memory 

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried 20 of those beers. The best of those I've tried is between Kronenbourg and Beerlao. I feel more fond of Beerlao but it might just seem to be good compared to all the other garbage around these parts. The worst is a more closely-fought contest, with Carling, Snow, Cass and 333 all being absolute pants, but Carling probably does finish dead last. It's undrinkable unless it's basically frozen, and even then its worse than any possible competitor. 

I thought Snow was called 'Mons' for the first twelve months I lived in China owing to having initially looked at the label the wrong way round. That factoid, boring as it is, is nevertheless more interesting than drinking the beer. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

It is popular, but I think the one you get in Chinese restaurants in England (which I agree is very pleasant to drink) is actually brewed in Europe. The Tsingtao in China is brewed there, and is weaker and not as nice, but still better than any other Chinese beer I came across. 

The ultimate USA road trip. The quickest route, by car, to visit all 48 lower states whilst also stopping at a national natural landmark, national historic site, national park or national monument in each of them.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-10-at-12.02.38-PM.pn

• Like 1

The ultimate USA road trip. The quickest route, by car, to visit all 48 lower states whilst also stopping at a national natural landmark, national historic site, national park or national monument in each of them.

Screen-Shot-2015-03-10-at-12.02.38-PM.pn

I need to see the rest of that screen cap, such as km/mi - the hours it would take etc.

That would make it look much more interesting to me :)

Â