The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

nope 6-0 at home to Liverpool was disgraceful since not one player looked like they were arsed that day and 11 pissed up lads down the pub would have put up a better contest.

gutless and disgraceful inspired by the manager

The worst cup final display in living memory tops both of those games.

An embarrassment for every fan who made the effort to attend. 

He should be ashamed for that display.

Not for me. We can talk about performances but surely it is the managers remit to change it when we were being essentially torn apart by the high line? He didn't once change it which summed him up. To let it continue to happen 6 times is negligence. His post match interviews were the most cringeworthy of any manager we have had so far. Awful manager and even Swindon isn't his level it seems. 

• Like 2

Well I will be thankful he got us into a cup final and played some decent stuff for a short while he was here. Unlike the other 10 managerial clowns before and after him 

Made supporting Villa fun again compared to rest of the managers we had who have made it a chore

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well I will be thankful he got us into a cup final and played some decent stuff for a short while he was here. Unlike the other 10 managerial clowns before and after him 

Made supporting Villa fun again compared to rest of the managers we had who have made it a chore

Not for me. What's the point of getting to final when you put in a pathetic display like that ? When we get on cup final against united in league cup we lost 2-1 but at least we tried and out a performance in. Those losers disgraced us

• Like 1

Arsenal didn't even get out of first gear, total embarrassment. The current manager we have in charge now put up a more of a performance against them in a final. Textbook "how to not prepare for an important game" from Tim Sherwood.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not for me. What's the point of getting to final when you put in a pathetic display like that ? When we get on cup final against united in league cup we lost 2-1 but at least we tried and out a performance in. Those losers disgraced us

A game too far. At least we got to the final and played great at Wembley against Liverpool unlike under Oneill against Chelsea. Sherwood at least gave us some highs unlike Garde and Bruce so far.

I do think some people take for granted how bad that team is. 18 months on from the game the starting line-up are

2 of the players are unemployed,

4 of them are Premier League squad players at best since Delph and Given hardly make bench for their club,

1 is a regular Premier League starter,

1 cant get into a Danish league team,

1 is Alan Hutton

Other 2 are Grealish and Vlaar

• Like 1

I think maybe people's perceptions might be affected by where they were when they watched that final. 

I watched it in a bar in Hanoi, with about 100 Arsenal fans and two bluenoses. I was the only Villa fan there. I wore my replica shirt, something I would never ever normally do in public. 

It was probably the single most publicly humiliating experience I've ever had. 

I'd put Lambert's 3 game run of 15-0 ahead of that fa cup final.

And while it was shit, the weekend for the semi was absolutely **** fantastic. 

Lambert's the worst. The rest are just a mixture of shit I can't be arsed to order. 

• Like 3

In the 15-0 run we literally had a back 5 of Lowton-Herd-Clark-Baker-Lichaj and a midfield of Westwood-Holman-Bannan. 15-0 was kind on us. 

The Arsenal cup final was the most embarrassing match in recent memory. We got absolutely dismantled and we didn't even push Arsenal out of 5th gear. At Wembley, in front of millions worldwide. Unbelievably humiliating.

Actually, the recent Brentford performance is up there too given the circumstances.

Just now, Keyblade said:

At Wembley, in front of millions worldwide. Unbelievably humiliating.

Trust me. The vast majority of those watching worldwide Won't have even battered an eyelid at villa's performance. 

We're really not that important to external fans. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Trust me. The vast majority of those watching worldwide Won't have even battered an eyelid at villa's performance. 

We're really not that important to external fans. 

Yeah true. I forgot to mention the disappointed. I was so excited for that final especially after our semifinal performance. Never been so gutted by anything before. 

Simon Jordan on Talksport today summed up sherwood best when talking about Swindon.

Doesn't think Sherwood is dis-interested, just isn't very good.

One of those managers who is linked with every job but Got found out at villa, Tottenham already had good players and now he has found his natural level & that level is getting lower and lower. He's now set himself a low standard and is managing to achieve it.

http://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1486980000#

was about 12.14 so hit the 12.00-12.30 section & skip to there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sherwood throwing the players under the bus on the eve of the cup final probably didn't help.

Terrible management.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sherwood throwing the players under the bus on the eve of the cup final probably didn't help.

Terrible management.

Agreed with that. Absolutely shocking management. The game vs Southampton was absolutely dire though. People go on about that Liverpool game but I think that Southampton game was even worse. Mane scored the fastest hat trick in premier league history. We were pathetic.

Â