The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yeah but we want to give the time to someone who seems worthy of it.

and that is a nebulous area for some us, like me.

You are convinced he is no good.....I am not so convinced of that position.

I suspect, we are looking at different types of criteria to form our opinions.

but for sure.....one of us is right:)

Rodgers won't take the job even if he was offered it.

I would hazard a guess that that list is growing quicker than is healthy for the club.

As for Reilly & Almstadt, i have seen no criticism of them directly.....I have seen some articles questioning their credentials for buying players and I have seen some comments on the manager being uncomfortable with the arrangement.....most decent managers would/will be uncomfortable with the arrangement. Your percentages are interesting, what are they based on?

A couple of things here, firstly (and I know that you are a stickler for this type of thing) we have no idea of the exact system for bringing players into the club - how much of the influence is from scouts (football people)?, how much is from stats and data (if any)?, how much from Reilly & Almstadt beyond the financial side?, how much from the Manager?.  The PL draws players from a global market and very few, if any, managers would have the time and knowledge to scout worldwide - it would be an impossible task. Consequently, almost every club employs a system where a number of people in the club have a hand in the recruitment process.  Without it you cant develop an ongoing strategy (not as ours is at all successful at the moment) and each new manager heralds a whole new set of players and the dreaded rebuilding

This brings me to my second point - you state that decent managers would be uncomfortable with this type of arrangement.  I would argue that a decent manager would make sure that they are right at the centre of the process and that there voice is clearly heard.  What would Mourinho do, What would SAF do or on a different scale could you imagine Alladyce, or Pulis, or Moyes sitting quietly on the sidelines whilst crucial decisions are being made around them

Your status and ability as a manager dictates how much influenece you have in the the process - If Sherwood doesnt feel that he has enough there is only one person to blame

As for Reilly & Almstadt, i have seen no criticism of them directly.....I have seen some articles questioning their credentials for buying players and I have seen some comments on the manager being uncomfortable with the arrangement.....most decent managers would/will be uncomfortable with the arrangement. Your percentages are interesting, what are they based on?

A couple of things here, firstly (and I know that you are a stickler for this type of thing) we have no idea of the exact system for bringing players into the club - how much of the influence is from scouts (football people)?, how much is from stats and data (if any)?, how much from Reilly & Almstadt beyond the financial side?, how much from the Manager?.  The PL draws players from a global market and very few, if any, managers would have the time and knowledge to scout worldwide - it would be an impossible task. Consequently, almost every club employs a system where a number of people in the club have a hand in the recruitment process.  Without it you cant develop an ongoing strategy (not as ours is at all successful at the moment) and each new manager heralds a whole new set of players and the dreaded rebuilding

This brings me to my second point - you state that decent managers would be uncomfortable with this type of arrangement.  I would argue that a decent manager would make sure that they are right at the centre of the process and that there voice is clearly heard.  What would Mourinho do, What would SAF do or on a different scale could you imagine Alladyce, or Pulis, or Moyes sitting quietly on the sidelines whilst crucial decisions are being made around them

Your status and ability as a manager dictates how much influenece you have in the the process - If Sherwood doesnt feel that he has enough there is only one person to blame

The managers you mention to my mind, wouldn't be comfortable with a situation where a committee buys players for them.....whether it happens and they put up with it I don't know.

I recognise the changing face of football and its methods and it could well be that this is the way and the managers you mention and I understand as good examples, may be dinasuars.

You mention influence, this is Sherwoods first real job and this season he has one win to his credit in the league hardly a prerequisite for putting your head above the parapet or forcing your opinion.....Results make so much difference to everyone......when you win things get overlooked, when you lose its microscope time.

Tim Sherwood is a different Tim Sherwood from the one that came in in Feb.....thats what losses do to you, it drains everybody.....I seen it in Martinez at Wigan compared to now.

• Like 1

Unless I have missed something Sherwood hasn't complained about the transfer policy at the club has he? Pete Colley asked him a direct question regarding incoming transfers yesterday and if they were all his recommendations and he gave a straight answer that he put some recommendations forward to the committee, they put some names forward and the committee went away and saw what was feasible and he was happy with what they came back with.

Maybe I am not scrutinizing what he says hard enough or maybe I am not reading quote less crap printed in the rags and believing it or maybe I just don't despise Sherwood enough so am not vicious enough in attacking him on every tiny irrelevant detail. The bottom line is though I fail to see what he has said wrong regarding incoming transfers. In fact I fail to see what he has said wrong on most things full stop.I continually hear him saying he is responsible for results and he said yesterday if he gets the sack after today's game he will be ultimately at fault for that. I don't know what some want from the guy in terms of what he says but it is safe to say some have reached new lows this week in criticizing the guy for having the audacity and arrogance to say he thinks we will win at home tomorrow against a side in the bottom 6. I mean some of us need to get a grip ffs.

Lets concentrate on what matters and that is backing the team today to get three vital points, especially those of us who are going. It is wasted energy and planting further negativity in the minds of supporters to continually bleat on like old washer women by twisting every thing the manger says just so you can beat him a little harder.

Results have been crap this season. Performances little better. If that continues today that is the reason he will get the sack and rightly so. He is here for now though and for 90 minutes at VP today him and his players get my full backing and I hope that is the case for every other fan as we have a part to play in getting the three points. If that results in the manager keeping his job and puts some supporters noses out of place by doing so then so be it. Points on the board matter way more.

Brilliant as always Mark, well put and apt.

......must go, off to to mecca.

Don't think Sherwood can really complain about the transfer policy. With the exception of Richards, the players in the side with lots of PL experience (the type that Sherwood wants apparently) are the ones repeatedly making mistakes and costing us points. The likes of Ayew, Gil, Grealish, Veretout, Amavi, Traore etc are the ones responsible for the few fleeting glimpses of decent play we've had this season IMHO.

• Like 2

Even if we win today, I can't see us getting anymore than a draw or two from Spurs, Everton away and Man. City at home. It would only be delaying the inevitable.

I'm just concerned about our dire points tally whoever the manager is. We could easily be bottom after this weekend so we need to pick some up. The board won't just give Sherwood another 6 months if he flukes one win.

We need fans to be on his side today, no matter what.

Why would we want to support a manager that 85% of us cannot wait to be sacked. As I have said previous, I will never wish us to lose, but if it is just one game and Sherwood's reign comes to a conclusion, I am willing to sacrifice the points.

Â