The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If he's to be judged on the highs, then he needs to be judged on the lows too.

To only judge on one time is incredibly one-eyed.

I am forever grateful for the games that kept us up and before Southampton I was as pro Sherwood is the messiah as anyone on here, but the latest trend is worrying and he isn't immune from criticism.

Not sure how it's one eyed. People have said he has made some mistakes with team selections, tactics and things so far. But some fans saying they are not looking forward to the new season, and we should get a new manager in now is unbelievable. This is the dour scottish man's team, not Sherwoods.

You say the latest trend is worrying.

Southampton : freak result

Burnley : Players did not want to get injured

Arsenal : Just one of their players is probably worth the whole of our team

If fans want to be fickle, thats up to them, but i have seen enough in those games we won that Sherwood deserves a couple of seasons to build something, just like so many fans that kept saying give Lambert time, he will be special :D

Out of interest: was villas 4-0 win over Sunderland a freak result like saints'battering of us?

After all, over 38 games this season Sunderland proved to be a better team than us.

Did SAF use to publicly blast his players or protect them?

I can't think of many top managers in world football now who publicly slag their players off.

I was going to add that the manager needs to be bigger than the club.  Most of all successful managers are a bit mental, youd have to be?  Let the media talk about Morinhio, Klopp, Fergie etc.  Saves them focusing on the players.

Big Ron, Gregory and MON had that spark, history shows we do well with a nutter at the helm and im pretty sure we've found our latest one.

I am forever grateful for the games that kept us up and before Southampton I was as pro Sherwood is the messiah as anyone on here, but the latest trend is worrying and he isn't immune from criticism.

Not sure how it's one eyed. People have said he has made some mistakes with team selections, tactics and things so far. But some fans saying they are not looking forward to the new season, and we should get a new manager in now is unbelievable. This is the dour scottish man's team, not Sherwoods.

If fans want to be fickle, thats up to them, but i have seen enough in those games we won that Sherwood deserves a couple of seasons to build something, just like so many fans that kept saying give Lambert time, he will be special :D

Out of interest: was villas 4-0 win over Sunderland a freak result like saints'battering of us?

After all, over 38 games this season Sunderland proved to be a better team than us.

Did you not see Sunderland's remaining games

They stayed in the division by pure luck

Did you not see Sunderland's remaining games

They stayed in the division by pure luck

eh?

I think Sherwood knows exactly what is required.

My worry is.....Has he got the wherewithal to change it the way he wants it.

We need a team of players who all love the villa as much as we do, and dont want to leave when top teams come knocking.

11 local lads who have supported villa all thier life would do, a team full of Jack Grealishs.

Edited by Ikantcpell
  • Like 1

I think that too much is made of this tactics stuff. Someone, somewhere has written about TS not being good tactically and half of Villa Talk seem to have picked up in this. The only thing they keep harping on about is this high line at Southampton, where they all could see what the problem was apart from TS. Coincidently, not 1 single poster had ever mentioned this problem before it was highlighted by some TV analyst from BT Sport. Now everybody claims its clear to see. I watched all 6 goals earlier today and I don't think one can be blamed on the back 4 being too high. Every goal was gifted by shocking defending.

Also people think TS was supposed to wave a magic wand and change things at Wembley on Saturday. Do they not realise that we haven't got Chelseas bench, nor Man Citys. Look at the bench guys and ask yourselves what our options were. He made the only change that was realistically open to him ant that was bringing Gabby on and going 4-4-2. yes, he could have gone all gung ho but that wouldn't have been a tactical masterstroke, it would have been a desperate throw of the dice.

TS is as good a manager as we are going to get here. Perish the thought of Alladyce like some have suggested. A good clear out is needed. Lets give Tim a transfer window and subsequent season before passing judgement. If this last 3 weeks have shown us anything, its shown us how fragile the team still is.

Mail say prioritizing young English signings

So going back down the MON/Lambert route, either through budget restrictions or Sherwood just being more comfortable signing them.

Well we've tried this before and it's not been a roaring success. I can only say this time we should be signing the likes of Tripper, Jenkinson, Charlie Austin as at least these have at least a season of prem football under their belts which wasn't the case with the signings under Lambert.

I still think Andros Townsend is a very possible signing aswell.

Coincidently, not 1 single poster had ever mentioned this problem before it was highlighted by some TV analyst from BT Sport.

Complete nonsense.
Most of us said it after about 90 seconds of the game.

Seriously. Go back and check the match thread, it's literally on the first page.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Mail say prioritizing young English signings

So going back down the MON/Lambert route, either through budget restrictions or Sherwood just being more comfortable signing them.

Well we've tried this before and it's not been a roaring success. I can only say this time we should be signing the likes of Tripper, Jenkinson, Charlie Austin as at least these have at least a season of prem football under their belts which wasn't the case with the signings under Lambert.

I still think Andros Townsend is a very possible signing aswell.

Signing English is hardly best route budget wise as always a premium , if Tripper did 't have a release clause I would expect him to be double the price.

It's what crippled us under MON he brought 99% from the English market and it cost us a premium , £15mil or thereabouts for Luke Young and Warnock I can not belive we couldnt of spent less on better FB's from abroad..anyway thats another discussion. IMO buying solely English is expensive and in prem league you need mix of both English and Foreign players so I hope our scouting will be casting the net a bit wider than the UK.

Dont blame Tim myself for us losing Saturday, players didnt show up and if you cant get motivated for a cup final then you probably shouldnt be playing the game. I expected Arsenal to win comfortably as they have quality all over the park but it hurt we never showed up

He seems to be culling the deadwood from his post game interviews which is a good thing that should have happened a while ago

We need a team of players who all love the villa as much as we do, and dont want to leave when top teams come knocking.

11 local lads who have supported villa all thier life would do, a team full of Jack Grealishs.

We need a team of competitive smart skillfull football players. Could careless who they support as long as they put a quality performance

Heaton,Richards,Sissoko,Townsend,Austin

Dont blame Tim myself for us losing Saturday, players didnt show up and if you cant get motivated for a cup final then you probably shouldnt be playing the game. I expected Arsenal to win comfortably as they have quality all over the park but it hurt we never showed up

He seems to be culling the deadwood from his post game interviews which is a good thing that should have happened a while ago

There probably wouldn't be any blame if we had just lost the match. But that performance was absolutely gutless and pathetic and he must take a huge part of that blame. His comments about Benteke's release clause and calling players some of our players losers before the match (even if they don't play any part) was a weird strategy. Also the run before and that 6-1 defeat against Southampton is also his partly because of him. He takes huge credit for saving us from relegation so he must also take blame for the poor things he does.

Some people are saying that tactics don't matter that much and now motivation is also solely down to the players. What is the managers job then? Of course he is partly at fault and I think he would be the first to admit that.

Look I think most Villa fans are happy with the job Tim has done but they still have question marks about him and rightly so.

• Like 3

I think too much is made of this local lad, villa fan stuff myself. Delph is not a villa fan but has shown more effort and  commitment than any other player in my view. 

This - we need professionals above all. James Milner was another who gave it his all (despite the fact that he knew he was leaving).

Talent=Professionalism>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Being a 'local lad' like Lee sodding Hendrie 

Â