The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Ideal scenario this weekend is 3 points against Swansea and Sherwood getting the bullet.

I won't hold my breath though...

Probably lose and be stuck with him.

I am hoping that he is sacked come 5pm, wilkins takes over for cup game (lets face it its a pointless game so experiment for this game) and then being optimistic new manager is in place for spurs live on tv (please Moyes)

• Like 1

This will be over soon.

Swansea, a side with no win in six, are going to do us by at least two clear goals at the weekend.

Then he can go away and we can get someone in who is actually a professional, not some Sunday league joke.

As weird/bad as this sounds - I'm worried that we'll get a result and he'll get a stay of execution.

Unbelievable, regardless of feelings towards the manager Villa fans should want nothing less than 3 points tomorrow.

You see I think this is a shortsighted way of looking at it. It's better to take a loss in one game than be stuck with a guy who has no idea what he's doing for the longer term. The latter IMO is a lot more damaging to the club.

• Like 3

I'm not expecting anything from the Swansea game, in fact I expect nothing from any game at the moment and have felt that way for some time, watching Villa is a painful chore and one that I'd rather do without in my life, but come kick off time I can't help but switch on and put myself through it.

The squad we have is imo worth a lot more points than Sherwood has squeezed out of them, the guy is clearly out of his depth and needs to be sacked as soon as possible, if that means another loss tomorrow, then great, I welcome that with brass bells on.

• Like 1

This will be over soon.

Swansea, a side with no win in six, are going to do us by at least two clear goals at the weekend.

Then he can go away and we can get someone in who is actually a professional, not some Sunday league joke.

As weird/bad as this sounds - I'm worried that we'll get a result and he'll get a stay of execution.

Unbelievable, regardless of feelings towards the manager Villa fans should want nothing less than 3 points tomorrow.

You see I think this is a shortsighted way of looking at it. It's better to take a loss in one game than be stuck with a guy who has no idea what he's doing for the longer term. The latter IMO is a lot more damaging to the club.

Mate why would you want us to lose and potentially be 7 points adrift?? That is a crazy way of thinking about it. Its not one loss though is it when you consider where we are in the league. We cannot afford to lose this game with Sherwood here or not

• Like 1

This will be over soon.

Mate why would you want us to lose and potentially be 7 points adrift?? That is a crazy way of thinking about it. Its not one loss though is it when you consider where we are in the league. We cannot afford to lose this game with Sherwood here or not

He's explained why he wants us to lose.

Because if it meant Sherwood was sacked then, long term, it would be better for the club as we're likely to get more points in the long run.

I'm not sure I agree, but I can see why people would feel that way.

Personally I don't think one result will save Sherwood. I'd like to see us win and him sacked at the same time.

But we won't win.

• Like 2

Is Okore back?

my team would be if all fit for saturday

Bunn

Hutton Richards Okore Amavi

Sanchez Gana

Adama             Gil             Grealish

Gabby

That is roughly the way I'd go, though I would hope Guzan couldn't screw up two matches running, and I'd expect Ayew or Sinclair to provide more goal threat.  Crucially, that middle 3 is the way to get Gil playing to his best and has been obvious ever since he joined in January he is a perfect number 10.  If we'd stuck with a similar system al season we wouldn't be in this mess, I know players have missed the odd games but there are enough options in the squad to cover.  I still have hope we will win tomorrow.

I agree, I understand the sentiment and logic of wanting us to lose for the greater good. I just don't think that the circumstances allow for that in this instance. 

Yeah, I'm a bit like that with Booing.  I can appreciate peoples frustration, and it's there way of letting them know...but in the end it's counter productive/intuitive.

Just like booing only puts a further negative effect on the team, continuing to lose will as well.

I want 10 points, no less this weekend...irrespective of what impact that has on the manager.

This will be over soon.

Not when you're already 4 points away from safety (or whatever it is).  Fine if we were mid-table, but we're not.  3 points this weekend would be huge for us - with or without Sherwood.

• Like 1

I agree, I understand the sentiment and logic of wanting us to lose for the greater good. I just don't think that the circumstances allow for that in this instance. 

Yeah, I'm a bit like that with Booing.  I can appreciate peoples frustration, and it's there way of letting them know...but in the end it's counter productive/intuitive.

Just like booing only puts a further negative effect on the team, continuing to lose will as well.

I want 10 points, no less this weekend...irrespective of what impact that has on the manager.

10 points?!

I think you're setting your expectations a bit too high ;)

some people seem to think a win buys him more time, until XX game or until the next defeat.  Then presumably if he then wins the next game he gets a little more time until the next game.  Thats no way to run a club with a manager on a continual "death row" of results with him and the club living from one result to the next.  I think he's dead in the water anyway and a win this weekend wont save him. No disrespect but he's not up to the job,  its a difficult job needing a more capable manager

• Like 2

Am3gaVW.gif

I think you might be disappointed :D 

• Like 1

Am3gaVW.gif

I think you might be disappointed :D 

I like to go into every game with confidence

This will be over soon.

He's explained why he wants us to lose.

Because if it meant Sherwood was sacked then, long term, it would be better for the club as we're likely to get more points in the long run.

I'm not sure I agree, but I can see why people would feel that way.

Personally I don't think one result will save Sherwood. I'd like to see us win and him sacked at the same time.

But we won't win.

I still dont understand the logic Stevo, i Couldn;t stand Mcleish but I never wanted my team to lose to get rid of him! I agree with your final sentence though will be irrelevent as we wont win anyways

some people seem to think a win buys him more time, until XX game or until the next defeat.  Then presumably if he then wins the next game he gets a little more time until the next game.  Thats no way to run a club with a manager on a continual "death row" of results with him and the club living from one result to the next.  I think he's dead in the water anyway and a win this weekend wont save him. No disrespect but he's not up to the job,  its a difficult job needing a more capable manager

I agree, I have no dislike towards Sherwood and thank him for keeping us up and getting us to the final. But since the Southampton game he has been abysmal. Needs to manage at  a lower level get abit more experience then give it a go at this level. just not experienced for us. 

I can’t agree with this at all. There is no greater good in losing. I think we lose tomorrow and the scales tip and the likelihood is that he will be sacked. It will take a defeat though and that is three points down the drain. Now if you could guarantee that the next man coming in will be that good that we won’t need them three points to stay up at the end of the season then fine but the likelihood is we are going to need every point we can lay on our hands on now.

It is also not beyond the realms that the new man will be of a similar level to his most recent predecessors. McLeish to Lambert was a flat line as they both averaged exactly a point a game, Lambert to Sherwood again pretty much a flat line.

The current manager, or if/when the new manager comes in this season, is going to need all the points they can to work with to ensure we can stay up and tossing three away tomorrow in the hope it ensures the manager gets the sack puts another nail in the coffin to survive, makes the job much harder for the manager whoever that may be and does nothing for the greater good.

I’ll be there again tomorrow backing the team 100% to get the result. I hope every other fan there will be doing the same because anything other than that during the 90 minutes is counter productive.

• Like 2

Â