The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The man (and the hiring team he's working with) are making me love the game again, if not just for a little while. It's still going to be a season of ups and downs but I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot more than the past few years.

• Like 3

When he was appointed and particularly going into this window I was more than a little concerned about Sherwood's lack of any experience in the transfer market.

Well numerous signings later I was right! He clearly doesn't know what he is doing because he seems to think the 25 man squad rule means he needs to buy 25 players!!! :)

Quite a remarkable window so far and it's not over yet as its stands selling Benteke could yet prove to be very good for us.

Which to be fair, some predicted (not myself I must add)

We've seen it work for the likes of Tottenham and Everton previously, selling players for significant amounts and reinvesting wisely, it remains to be seen whether or not we've reinvested wisely and the reality is that through the sheer volume of signings we've made some of them will more than likely go on to be flops but provided more than half of them prove to be shrewd additions then it's a step in the right direction

Fantastic window and fantastic statements from the incoming players regarding Villa and the effect of the manager. Them being all French is a good thing, being British is part of our team identity and that has failed for far too long.

Hoping Tim is able to put his arm around some of our youth team in the future though and give them the mental, technical and tactical attributes that our imports seem to have. Very different feel about the club (exciting, optimistic and ambious).

The effect is very much like Gregory and I think if Sherwood manages to do a 4 year stint with the current team behind him then we will be in a much better place.

I remember saying to Trent that I was done with football/Villa after the Delph fiasco.  Well bitches I'm back. Mostly thanks to Sherwood et al.

Fickle! 

There's a lot of things to be pissed off about in football, specially as a Villa fans over the past few years. Losing Delph certainly isn't one of them :P

Edited by PieFacE

I remember saying to Trent that I was done with football/Villa after the Delph fiasco.  Well bitches I'm back. Mostly thanks to Sherwood et al.

Fickle! 

There's a lot of things to be pissed off about in football, specially as a Villa fans over the past few years. Losing Delph certainly isn't one of them :P

It was more the (nearly) final straw. In reality it was more that I was really really pissed off.

Here's a question for y'all...

Would you rather:

1) We had kept Benteke, our one world class player, sold the others players we have sold but had 32.5 million, (or whatever sum it was), less to improve the squad.

Or...

2) Have things happen the way they happened.

In either scenario Delph is still douchebag.

Interested to see people's opinions because two months ago a team without Benteke scared the bejeesus out of me. Now? Not so much

Edited by Don_Simon

You're all saying this now, but what about if it doesn't quite click in time and we lose to newly promoted first game in the top flight Bournemouth? 

We will lose to Bournemouth, I bet you.

VillaTalk will go into Meltdown.

It'll be the "OMG SHERWOOD IS SHIT" brigade shouting at the "OMG I WANT SHERWOOD'S BABIES" brigade for a week.

Meanwhile 90% of VT will be saying "erm, guys, probably wait a few games before deciding anything?".

But nobody will hear us.

• Like 2

You're all saying this now, but what about if it doesn't quite click in time and we lose to newly promoted first game in the top flight Bournemouth?

It'll be the "OMG SHERWOOD IS SHIT" brigade shouting at the "OMG I WANT SHERWOOD'S BABIES" brigade for a week.

Meanwhile 90% of VT will be saying "erm, guys, probably wait a few games before deciding anything?".

But nobody will hear us.

Ha! Painfully true. United on the following Friday night won't help matters much. Though having said that, who knows.

Just can't wait to get started.

DDID OUT!

Never! They'll have to carry me out in a coffin #DougTalk

• Like 1

But nobody will hear us.

Ha! Painfully true. United on the following Friday night won't help matters much. Though having said that, who knows.

Just can't wait to get started.

DDID OUT!

Never! They'll have to carry me out in a coffin #DougTalk

united the following Friday and cue the "you can't win anything with French kids" commentary

Â