The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I haven't goaded him. I've tried to have a debate with him, which is difficult with the constant moving of the goalposts.

If it's come across as goading it wasn't my intention. Possibly my posts reflected my frustration. Apologies if so.

For the avoidance of doubt, there have been no moving of the goalposts-My stance has been the same throughout.

I confirm that I have not been goaded however the problem has arisen due to your inability/unwillingness to read my posts properly. Perhaps if you took a little more time and did not read what you want it to say, you would realise this.

I'm still not sure about Sherwood, I mean I want to believe but some of his decisions baffle me.

Given over Guzan?

Not playing Gil but using CNZ?

Playing Okore and Vlaar together again after the Southampton debacle? Both are right side center backs, against Southampton he didn't have much choice but Baker was fit for the final which might have made a better balance in defence.

Dropping Bacuna for Hutton?

Hutton playing LB when Cisskho is apparently fit?

Yeah I'm sure you could make valid points/reasons for each of these but no matter what anyone say's I can't shake the feeling that Sherwood is winging it and we are in the sh...mire.

spot on for me

aye me to.

He kept us up.

But I have serious misgivings about him for next season.

Who would you ideally want in then? Realistically of course

I haven't goaded him. I've tried to have a debate with him, which is difficult with the constant moving of the goalposts.

If it's come across as goading it wasn't my intention. Possibly my posts reflected my frustration. Apologies if so.

For the avoidance of doubt, there have been no moving of the goalposts-My stance has been the same throughout.

I confirm that I have not been goaded however the problem has arisen due to your inability/unwillingness to read my posts properly. Perhaps if you took a little more time and did not read what you want it to say, you would realise this.

Nope, I think I finally understand them now.

Sherwood has done nothing wrong.

Let's agree to disagree :thumb:

I'm still not sure about Sherwood, I mean I want to believe but some of his decisions baffle me.

Given over Guzan?

Playing Okore and Vlaar together again after the Southampton debacle? Both are right side center backs, against Southampton he didn't have much choice but Baker was fit for the final which might have made a better balance in defence.

Yeah I'm sure you could make valid points/reasons for each of these but no matter what anyone say's I can't shake the feeling that Sherwood is winging it and we are in the sh...mire.

spot on for me

aye me to.

He kept us up.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he gets sacked. 

I've got serious misgivings about him - but all will be ok if by Christmas we've still got a 50% win rate in the League. He's a very green untried manager - especially in an off season. He has the bravado and the bullshit but I wonder long term how far that will get him. Easy to be Charlie Big Potatoes after a few wins.........

Lets all hug. 

• Like 1

Given over Guzan?

spot on for me

I think most of those are fair points but as you say you can make valid points the other way as well.

For me nobody is ever going to agree with all the decisions a manager makes, I dont expect to so I'll just go on performances and results.

In the main Sherwood has done pretty well in that regard and turned us around quite dramatically in a very short space of time. So for that he has my full backing going in to a new season.

Next season is the time to judge him, based on his players and his team.

Not after one game too many against a team which would beat most clubs in the world on that form.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 1

Given over Guzan?

Pretty much how I feel, and I felt this way before the weekend. I wasn't bowled over by his appointment and even though I'm happy with some of the performances, I've also seen some really daft decisions where he doesn't look like he has a clue. 

Well glad we got there in the end

fancy a go at Ron Saunders now? He failed to change things in the final match of the season against Arsenal, the year we won the league. How about Brian Little? Won us the league cup the week before but when we played Liverpool in the semi the week after, he also failed to change things.

Terrible managers them pair.

fancy a go at Ron Saunders now? He failed to change things in the final match of the season against Arsenal, the year we won the league. How about Brian Little? Won us the league cup the week before but when we played Liverpool in the semi the week after, he also failed to change things.

strawman1.jpg

• Like 3

Can we give the bloke a bit of credit for keeping us up and providing us with some superb results/moments?

We even got to enjoy MOTD a few times. It's been a vast improvement on the previous few regimes. 

Just compare the two sides on Saturday. How many of ours get into theirs? Their entire subs bench walks into our team?

The reason Reading nearly got a result is because Arsenal didn't turn up. They didn't move the ball any where nearly as quickly as they did against us. We tried to press them and they moved the ball as if we weren't there.

Please judge Sherwood from the Stoke game right up until the Arsenal one - Not just from the Southampton one up until the Arsenal one as a few seem to have.

• Like 1

:blink:

• Like 2

Given over Guzan?

spot on for me

aye me to.

He kept us up.

Do either of us need to suggest anybody else? Have either of us said Sherwood out? Or have we said we have some doubts at the minute? 

Can we give the bloke a bit of credit for keeping us up and providing us with some superb results/moments?

Who hasn't done that? Even the criticism has referenced the fantastic work he did before the end of the season.

I understand the viewpoint.

Sherwood kept us up so he can't be criticised.

I hugely disagree with it but I understand it.

I don't agree with it and I'm not sure I can really understand it either. Are we really that desperate that we'll give him a free pass on some really basic and obvious mistakes? What has N'Zogbia done to warrant his starting place over someone like Gil? According to ESPN, CNZ has 27 appearances this season with 0 goals and 2 assists, whereas Gil has 8 appearances, 1 goal and 1 assist. Where is the logic in playing CNZ over Gil? There is absolutely none and I fully criticise Sherwood for that regardless of the fact that he got us playing well for three or four games which just about pushed us over the line, and I do mean just about.

Bottom line is sherwood kept us up he did what lambert would never have done. I will be pleased to see what he does pre season.

In the interests of balance ,  the last few years under Lambert when in actual fact he did keep us up suggests that the phrase "would never have done" is not entirely accurate.

By the way this is not me advocating for Paul to be rehired,  I think the timing of his departure was about right in fairness and disappointingly 

• Like 4

I am not looking forward to next season.

Will be a season of baffling decisions and more player blaming I reckon.

The bounce has worn off already, and I think sooner rather than later the players will turn on him.

I don't like his ego, his arrogance and his billy big bollox not my fault attitude.

Bottom line is sherwood kept us up he did what lambert would never have done. I will be pleased to see what he does pre season.

And I wonder if other managers could have kept us up, got us higher in the table (by not making mistakes such as the high line, tactics, late reactions), and maybe get us up for the biggest game we have played in 15 years. You know..

• Like 3

Im going to stick my head above the parapit - Yes he should be replaced. Better to do it now than have a make another rushed mid season appointment.

Id take Allerdayce over TS - failing anyone else becoming available.

.....puts on tin hat ...

Â