The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

When you consider the position we were in when he arrived he's done quite well really regardless of the last two games. It's quite hard to understate just how bad a place we were in when we finally sacked Lambert - mentally the team were absolutely shot.

you are right we have done well and we were in dire straits....Tim has kept us up.

but if we are going to improve, you can't say regardless of this game or that game....we went in to games in '81 to win every one and with a 110% workrate ethic.

Stoke didn't have to score 6 goals today

Mourinho is now talking about improving on this season , next season.....That has to be the Mantra.....all relative of course.

What I am saying is I don't want the team to slip back in to easy street with a bunch of get out of jail cards...... we need a tougher edge to us.

Saying "regardless of the last two games" isn't giving the team "get out of jail cards" it's just offering an assessment of Sherwood's entire time with us so far rather than being influenced disproportionately by the last two games (which some seem to be doing). I'm basically saying, "the last two games have been poor, but overall we've been good under Sherwood".

• Like 1

Sherwood got us winning 50% of our games. We went from not creating a chance to looking dangerous against every team. People say he's just a motivator or that he doesn't know tactics yet results and performances show that to be a load of crap. He's still new to this and inevitably will make mistakes but if we win half the games next year we will be loving him. We seem to have a system in place for transfers now so I'm looking forward to what he can do next season. He'll have found out a lot about his players this year and I think the defeats will have told him a lot more than the victories.

• Like 2

It's Sherwood bringing in his own players that worries me most.

No point worrying until you know who the players are and how they perform in the team 

it doesnt stop people who lazily think he is going to be another MON with his signings

• Like 3

Yeah, what's with all this talk about Sherwood only signing British players anyway? He's never even bought a single player before as a manager so we have absolutely nothing to go on.

Edited by Mantis

Yeah, what's with all this talk about Sherwood only signing British players anyway? He's never even bought a single player before as a manager so we have absolutely nothing to go on.

Your right!  Adebayor is not British, though we all know he is gagging to get him here.

Your right!  Adebayor is not British, though we all know he is gagging to get him here.

Do we?

• Like 1

Your right! Adebayor is not British, though we all know he is gagging to get him here.

Do we?
Must be true he plays for his old team and the press say he is so its true surely (and don't call me Shirley)
  • Like 2

Your right! Adebayor is not British, though we all know he is gagging to get him here.
Do we?
Must be true he plays for his old team and the press say he is so its true surely (and don't call me Shirley)

I'm having a deja vu from the Grant Holt thread.

Such a defeatist attitude.

Not in the slightest. I'm expecting us to go out and give them one hell of a game, and win the thing, but that wouldn't make that outcome any less surprising to the rest of the non-Villa supporting world

• Like 1

Do we?

I'm having a deja vu from the Grant Holt thread.

Difference is Grant Holt hadn't just been given his second period of time off due to personal problems. Which includes his brother holding a knife to his throat.

Honestly, with all the stuff going on with Adebayor, I'd be surprised if he plays football again for a long time, if ever again.Yet alone us signing him.

I can forgive the Southampton and Burnley games, even though tactically he was very poor. He should be at the top of his game in the Cup final and will be under the spot light, im sure we will have a true indicator weather he has the minerals for the premiership and AVFC. Poor tactics, subs, no plan B will have fans left with a true opinion on Sherwood and how we may do next season, no one can doubt this.

Dubious about tactics and we only win a couple through graft? What end of season have people watched?

We've dominated good teams because of good tactics and we've won games with excellent play, not because we ran around a lot.

We win more, we score more, we play better most of the time, we survived, we're in a cup final. So far excellent job. Now time to build his own squad and continue. Complete faith he will do well.

• Like 2

I can forgive the Southampton and Burnley games, even though tactically he was very poor. He should be at the top of his game in the Cup final and will be under the spot light, im sure we will have a true indicator weather he has the minerals for the premiership and AVFC. Poor tactics, subs, no plan B will have fans left with a true opinion on Sherwood and how we may do next season, no one can doubt this.

I doubt I'd judge how next season would be by one game, with this squad and against one of the best teams in the country.

• Like 2

I take it from this that should the miraculous happen and this idiot actually get the tactics, substitutions, and score, right, that " no one will doubt" he is a genius then ?

• Like 1

I doubt I'd judge how next season would be by one game, with this squad and against one of the best teams in the country.

He deserves his own squad. Lets see what he can do. Although if new owners came in who Klopp I wouldn't say no. As that will never happen.. lets just wait and see.

Edited by KSV

Â