The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yeah when I first read his England comments, the conspiracist in me thought that he was trying to apply pressure to Hodgson. I'm guessing he's gonna try go for the England job as soon as possible.

Apparently Sherwood does not rate RH as a manager, and was one of the reported reasons why Roy got sacked from Blackburn.  :o

Aston Villa manager Tim Sherwood has seen a love affair grow with the club and their supporters since taking over as boss on Valentine's Day and has issued a rallying cry ahead of their match against Swansea.

Although he lost his first two games in charge, Villa have won their last two in the Premier League, including last weekend's victory over Sunderland.

"This game is huge. The fans are going to be very important for us. We are going to need them with us," said the eccentric Englishman.

But bizarrely, the former Spurs boss went on to say he thinks England will win Euro 2016. "Roy Hodgson will stumble across a team that will win the Euros. He will, I tell you. They will win it," he said.

Could he possibly be right?

Saturday football http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/31692857

From the BBC

England win the Euro's, clearly deluded, Sherwood out.

To me, he was actually bigging up Delph again lol. If I remember reading that correctly he was talking about Delph being the driving force behind them winning the Euro's. Seems like a clever way of persuading Roy to keep Delph there and an important part of his plans rather than a way of saying he wants the job :P 

Not feeling his subs, I mean Weimann???  An begining to think already he is running out of excuses not playing Gil, ideal for todays game. I don't care he don't rate him,  95% of us fans do, an i've no doubt he would contribute much more than Weimann ever does!!

• Like 1

The last 15 min we lost the middle of the park and couldn't even hold a ball upfront.Blind freddy could see the swans were getting to much joy from Bacuna side and we did nothing.Gil was perfect in the final 15 min to control the midfield.Poor tactics and Subs.

• Like 1

N'Zogbia still has a way to go in terms of fitness and bringing on a third central-midfielder was understandable [in theory] to stabilise.

The Weimann for Benteke substitution was something else though. Firstly, I'm not sure why Benteke remained on the field for so long after the incident and secondly, you just don't bring on Andi Weimann to push for a victory. Ever!

Swansea are a much better side than Sunderland are, doesnt stop me wondering/fuming as to why once again we've come away from villa park with **** all points against a Swansea side who are on the beach already.

In 7 days go from looking like a side who will finish well away from relegation to looking like we could go down.

N'Zogbia still has a way to go in terms of fitness and bringing on a third central-midfielder was understandable [in theory] to stabilise.

The Weimann for Benteke substitution was something else though. Firstly, I'm not sure why Benteke remained on the field for so long after the incident and secondly, you just don't bring on Andi Weimann to push for a victory. Ever!

Benteke was struggling, Weimann was the only player who could come on and play up top.  It's really not that baffling.

If Delph has passed to him after he made a great run instead of trying to score on his right foot, Weimann may have even scored the winner.

He's a scapegoat for pretty much no reason.  It's pathetic.

• Like 3

I have to say Sherwood must be Fantastic coach to see the quality in Weimann to bring him on as a impact, that 100% of us fans can't?

Except he didn't. He brought him on to replace the injured Benteke. Some people are also saying he should've brought on Gil instead. That would've completely changed the shape of the team after Benteke went off. I don't know what else he could've done.

• Like 1

Â