The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood has done OK so far but to be fair look at the squad he has to work with! Would be interesting to see what Lambert could have done with this group of players. I think he did the best that could've been expected bearing in mind the chronic underinvestment he had to work with

Don't understand this post Lambert had exactly the same group of players to work with?

Really he didn't, until the very end. Unfortunately by then he was losing the plot, and maybe the dressing room as well, as his last few games showed.

He should have had the humility to recognise that he needed a team of good people around him to help run things and more importantly to offer a different take on tactics and player management.

Regardless of what happens with Sherwood from now on, I think the club have done exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

• Like 1

I agree with point 4.

I imagine other supporters seeing our press conferences and thinking Sherwood is a massive prick.

But its a lot more enjoyable when he's your manager.

(And, I dare say, when you're winning)

Remember when a fair few on here said that NO-ONE could come in and do a better job than Lambert especially with the resources he had? A lot of people I hope are eating humble pie right now, as best feel good factor at Villa we have had for years at the moment.

I know it's only 5.5 games so far but Sherwood could go on to become a great manager for us.

Yes, Sherwood has achieved in 5 games what the previous numpty couldn't achieve in over two and a half seasons.
  • Like 1

I like the bloke, he is honest, passionate, wears his heart on his sleeve, I think he is going to be a great manager for us.As for being a great tactician who knows but then again maybe he will have members of the management team who help with this..  As for PL his days were numbered long ago, the fact he had no other staff and he did not replace them spoke volumes to me as TS got his staff in very quickly, wonder if it was PL choice or from higher up that he did not get new staff in who would have to be replaced when the new manager came in.

Remember when a fair few on here said that NO-ONE could come in and do a better job than Lambert especially with the resources he had? A lot of people I hope are eating humble pie right now, as best feel good factor at Villa we have had for years at the moment.

I know it's only 5.5 games so far but Sherwood could go on to become a great manager for us.

Yes, Sherwood has achieved in 5 games what the previous numpty couldn't achieve in over two and a half seasons.

Has he?

Don't get me wrong, the signs are good at the moment. It does look like Sherwood could achieve more than Lambert. I'm not denying that.

But what has he achieved so far that Lambert didn't?

Edited by Stevo985

Really he didn't, until the very end. Unfortunately by then he was losing the plot, and maybe the dressing room as well, as his last few games showed.

He should have had the humility to recognise that he needed a team of good people around him to help run things and more importantly to offer a different take on tactics and player management.

Regardless of what happens with Sherwood from now on, I think the club have done exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

Can agree with this, in the end it was when it appeared obvious that no players were sticking there neck out for him new or old...the dressing room was lost.  Past the point of no return.

It would seem that he brought some decent seeds in after all, and now we have the right farmer to sew them.

I was totally against getting a new manager for a long time under the current regime, mostly because I always believed we'd just end up with a journeyman and would be no better off.  I knew the remit that lerner was enforcing, and could only imagine the kind of tripe who would accept the job under those conditions.

Of course, when they went for Sherwood I was on the otherside of the argument that he had absolutely no experience and was a massive risk.  But you know, the more I think about it, he's the perfect candidate for what would fill in our situation...someone with no experience who will be desperate to prove themselves and put everything into it.

If results keep going like they are through the end of the season, which there is a long way to go now...and even just staying up...this will appear a master stroke.

Still not Lambert's fault then? He couldn't get the players to perform, he picked the team, he chose to have all men behind the ball. And you wonder why players found it had? He restricted them, and Sherwood does not. Of course they will enjoy it!

Lambert will get results when Benteke is fit though.

Who cares move on.  Forget about scoring points.  Those who backed Lambert to the end were wrong.  It's done now move on to better times with TS.  Enjoy being able to love football again.

• Like 2

It'll be interesting to see just how long it is before Lambert's name stops being mentioned in this and the matchday threads. Sherwood seems to have almost rid Villa pretty quickly of any signs of Lambert so i'm not sure how relevant he is anymore.

Â