The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He still strikes me as rather limited in some areas but yo can't help but like the way he is going about his job and we seem to be improving each game

Was interesting to see that Parks seemed to be the more vocal and more animated of all the coaches yesterday , is he going to be the brains behind the unit ?

Edited by tonyh29

The only way to make yourself popular at this club us to play attacking football and win games. Beating your local rivals twice in a week helps too!

Now we need to build a bit of momentum.

I'm pleased with the way Sherwood wants us to play. The players are taking chances, making runs on and off the ball that they were not doing before. We'll get caught a few times, but I think we will try to attack teams and sod this 'keep it tight' lark that we've been failing at for years.

• Like 3

If we stay up, it'll be really interesting to see whether Sherwood can make use of the many players we have out on loan.

Gardner, Sylla, Helenius, Luna and Bennett could all still have a part to play in this squad, whether it's cup games, injury cover or forcing their way into the first team.

If we stay up, it'll be really interesting to see whether Sherwood can make use of the many players we have out on loan.

Gardner, Sylla, Helenius, Luna and Bennett could all still have a part to play in this squad, whether it's cup games, injury cover or forcing their way into the first team.

think Gardner is the only one that has a future here out of them even with Sherwood. Edited by dudevillaisnice

He still strikes me as rather limited in some areas ?

Which areas?

Not saying is now the best in the world. On first impression he seems like he can motivate the players, we look fitter and our tactics have improved and changed through out games. While also getting the fans rocking in his demeanour and what he says to the press. His team choices and subs have been questioned but as with Nzogbia a cameo has lead to two very good performances.

He is known as a very good coach and a backer of youth teams.

Transfers seems the only area we can't currently positively judge him on in his short time with the club.

Edited by Nicho

think Gardner is the only one that has a future here out of them even with Sherwood.
I wouldn't be so sure DVIN. Bennett has supposedly been good on his loan this season, so I see no reason why he couldn't challenge Richardson or Cissokho for a starting place, especially if Sherwood can work his magic on him.

The same goes for Sylla and Helenius, imo. They have both shown 'something' in their time at Villa (Helenius less so, due to a lack of appearances), so I wouldn't put it past Sherwood to get a tune out of them if injuries hit our normal starters.

The FA Cup quarter final though, which means we now get to play at Wembley.

Our fans make a huge issue in reminding everyone what a big club this is though. Fans of big clubs don't stage pitch invasions for making a semi final. Nothing outrageously wrong with it but it is extremely small-time.

Would you consider Man Utd a big club?

He still strikes me as rather limited in some areas ?

Which areas?

Not saying is now the best in the world. On first impression he seems like he can motivate the players, we look fitter and our tactics have improved and changed through out games. While also getting the fans rocking in his demeanour and what he says to the press. His team choices and subs have been questioned but as with Nzogbia a cameo has lead to two very good performances.

He is known as a very good coach and a backer of youth teams.

Transfers seems the only area we can't currently judge him on in his short time with the club.

I'm not sure he's known for his coaching abilities, tbh - that was more the (now) QPR manager's thing when he was working at Spurs.

Where he's done well is the "people" stuff - enthusiasm, confidence, re-motivating people to play for each other and the club. There' the element of "new manager lift" as well.

He's mostly said the right things and done the right things. Maybe there's an element of Big Ron about him - just lifting the atmosphere and making people feel good and having a sense of fun and enjoyment.

I think as well that he's got a bit of a grudge with Albion because for whatever reason he didn't get the job there, but ideally his comments about them were something of a hostage to fortune.

Thought the signs were there that our counter attacking ability was coming back.

The second goal was a counter attack started by Westwood (?) heading it on to Grealish from the edge of our box.

Grealish to Sinclair which ended in a goal.

• Like 1

We've been through shit the past five years (longer, to be honest, more like 33, my bloody age!) and we have all been at each others throats, we have all disagreed, been frustrated, argued, bickered and we have all felt that incredible stress. I think that is why the lid came off yesterday. 

But one thing I hope we have learned over the past few years. **** THE MEDIA.

Who gives a shit what they think. Let's all stick together and shout, scream and cheer even louder. The media have never been our friend and never will be. But as long as we are on the same page, we will be ok.

UTV!

• Like 2

There will be ups and downs, but he is the type of character the club needs.

He is sharp in his repartee....quick witted and you get an honest post match appraisal that makes sense.

He has been with us far too soon to judge.....but some of the most innocuous things of a managers persona are usually the strongest indicators of what's to come.

First impressions.....I like him.....I think he will give us our villa back.

It's like waking up from a long nightmare.

Iam in love with Tim Sherwood i really am

It's like waking up from a long nightmare.

Iam in love with Tim Sherwood i really am

I wouldn't go that far......

......oh, go on then.

• Like 1

Â