The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I thought this just after we employed Sherwood but can't remember if I posted it or not so sorry if this is a repeat.

Does anybody else think that, had we got him in last summer, he might have brought (or attempted to) Harry Kane with him? He'd have still been relatively unknown then and bearing in mind most - if not all - of the first team coaching staff would have left and probably come with Sherwood too.

The bloke's confidence speaks for itself

He says that if we survive this season we will never be in this position again

Someone else said that exact same thing last season...

He was crap though :D

I thought this just after we employed Sherwood but can't remember if I posted it or not so sorry if this is a repeat.

Does anybody else think that, had we got him in last summer, he might have brought (or attempted to) Harry Kane with him? He'd have still been relatively unknown then and bearing in mind most - if not all - of the first team coaching staff would have left and probably come with Sherwood too.

Spurs would never have let him go.

When we appointed him I was really excited and I said this could be the appointment we have all been waiting for.

Since then, we have won 2 and lost 2 (if you include the Leicester game in the FA Cup). In the 2 we won, we have been worthy winners. In the 2 we have lost, we have probably been worth a point at least. I'm pretty happy with that, and if we win the next 2 games, then I think that represents a very decent start to his reign.

I want him to succeed much much more than I wanted Lambert to succeed, and I really wanted to Lambert to do well.

If we stay up, I think we are going to have a cracking few years under this guy.

I fully expect us to see a return to the times when we used to go and attack the top teams in the league and play like equals. We won't always win, in fact we will most likely lose more than we win, but we will win some, and they won't be smash and grabs, they will be proper football matches, with Villa Park of Villas fans who come to watch us play football and try to win games by attacking. 

Maybe I am expecting too much, but he's got my hopes up now. In summary, I think I love Tim. 

Yeha, surely we all want every manager to succeed?

I want Sherwood to succeed as much as I wanted Lambert to succeed, i.e. win every game ever.

Exactly - I can't fathom why somebody wouldn't want us to do anything other than win?

Did anyone hear him on Talk Sport?   They trailled him being on from 6.30 onwards, then said he would be on between 8 and 9.  Then as I was driving to work, they said he'd be on in a few mins - I waited in car till 9.00 but then had to go in to work!!  How irritating they are on that station at times!   :angry:

It was awesome!

What time approximately was he on - save me listening to the ramblings for the whole hour from 9.00 to 10.00 yesterday on "Listen Again"?

Agreed Isa. I liked the fluidity of the shape. Delph and Westwood interchanging in that deep role, meaning both could influence the game in their own way (Westwood with incisive passes and Delph with driving runs)

Add Cleverley to that as the workhorse and suddenly the midfield doesn't look at static or bereft of ideas.

His subs though.

Overall, impressed.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see what he does tactically for this game. I can't imagine West Brom sitting back as much as they did on Tuesday so how he anticipates that will be interesting. Sherwood clearly likes the 2 up top and i'd like to see Gil at the point of the diamond if he chooses to go with that shape for this one.

Either way though I'm really happy with what i'm seeing.

I want him to succeed much much more than I wanted Lambert to succeed, and I really wanted to Lambert to do well.

I don't really understand this.

Because there is different methods and different styles to succeeding.

Would you rather win and be successful by -

a - playing every game very tight and trying to nick a 1-0 win, by playing counter attacking football and never really trying to take a game by the scruff of the neck and dominating the ball (Lambert style) 

b -  by trying to win every game by scoring more goals than the opposition, going with attacking intent in every game, and playing with an aggression, style and vigour which fills the stadium every week (Sherwood style)

Both a and b would be great, but I would much rather want b to be our approach.

Edited by GeordieVillan

I think he's on Football Focus tomorrow

Certainly looks like it according to the synopsis:

Dan Walker and guests are at Villa Park to take an in-depth look at the weekend's football action.

Edited by Sam3773

Â