The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'd be surprised if it took more than 34 points to survive this season. So, with 12 more points needed would it really be too much to ask to beat Burnley, QPR and West Ham at home with draws against the baggies, Sunderland and any one of Swansea, Spurs, Southampton or Everton? Surely that's not too much to ask?

Pretty sure it is unfortunately. If we can't beat Newcastle then we'll struggle to beat anyone.

I think we will beat the baggies on Tuesday.

Fingers crossed.

These players should face the fans in a forum just to show what gutless cowards they are. No fight no passion. Do they care about the club because I have seen nothing to suggest utter wise. They hid behind lambert now nowhere to hide and they are still spineless and letting the club down

Wow. You're angry, and I can certainly understand and sympathize with that. But I don't think the player are cowards -- I really don't. And I don't think there's a lack of effort. Newcastle proved you can try your arse off but without quality, you're just spinning your wheels. I am surprised the Birmingham press hasn't had more player interviews.

These players should face the fans in a forum just to show what gutless cowards they are. No fight no passion. Do they care about the club because I have seen nothing to suggest utter wise. They hid behind lambert now nowhere to hide and they are still spineless and letting the club down

Wow. You're angry, and I can certainly understand and sympathize with that. But I don't think the player are cowards -- I really don't. And I don't think there's a lack of effort. Newcastle proved you can try your arse off but without quality, you're just spinning your wheels. I am surprised the Birmingham press hasn't had more player interviews.

Yes largely I think the players are giving their best, even under Lambert the team looked united and playing for the manager. It is just rock bottom confidence and lack of quality that is costly us dearly at present.

I'd be surprised if it took more than 34 points to survive this season. So, with 12 more points needed would it really be too much to ask to beat Burnley, QPR and West Ham at home with draws against the baggies, Sunderland and any one of Swansea, Spurs, Southampton or Everton? Surely that's not too much to ask?

If we'd shown anything like that sort of form since October over a run of 11 games we wouldn't be in this position. Expecting us to pull that sort of form out of the hat now is asking too much IMO. I just don't see how we will get those results. I'd love to be wrong, I just don't see how we can possibly do that. Haven't we just got 2 points out of the last 30 available? Now we're going to get 12 out of 33?

What is wrong with you all?? It's been two sodding games and tbf we do look look better. He's not a magician, no manager is going to suddenly make this shower of shite (who have been shite for five years now) amazing.

Villa fans really make me despair at times.

Ah! But you see mate the majority said anyone would do better with this bunch of players so we got anybody but that anybody was not the right anybody but the wrong anybody so now we want the right anybody because the new anybody can't any be worse than this anybody so anybody can do better. Or I think that's what they were saying

• Like 3

On paper it sounds fine.

But in reality I'm struggling to see where the next win is going to come from. Let alone 3 of them

• Like 1

Not sure publicly stating we should be getting at least a point for every game now. This team has no confidence and putting unrealistic targets like this won't help will it?

We're on 22 points. The lowest total anyone has got and remained in the division is Albion with 34. We have 12 games left. 22+12=34. To be honest, he's stating something that's basically a fact. I mean, it could be slightly less than 34 required, but it'll be there or thereabouts. 

Thinking about it, we only have 11 games left, which means he's even more right.

Think about it again.We ONLY have to finish above QPR,Burnley and Leicester and I cant see them getting anywhere near 28 points.

No way on earth it will be possible to stay up with 29. Or 30, it'll need much more like 34+. Which unless we get 3 more points very very soon, will be completely and utterly beyond us.

So, you can see QPR,Burnley or Leicester getting 33 points then ?

It's insane that we have been so poor all season and yet still only sit in the bottom 3 on goal difference. It makes neutrals wonder why Villa fans are so sure that we will go down and, when you consider that we only need a point to get out of the bottom 3, they could appear to be right to question any negativity. I reckon it will all change after this week's games though.

I really don't see us beating Albion because they will come here and park the bus. If we gift our customary goal then it will almost inevitably end in a 1-0 defeat. I can't see QPR or Leicester taking any points off Arsenal and Man City. I reckon Hull and Sunderland will draw and each go a further point away from us and, Burnley don't have a game. It's very possible that, after the midweek games this week, we could be a point further away from both Hull and Sunderland and the three teams smothering us all have a game in hand on us. That would really leave the table looking like a 3 from 4 scenario and how many people would back us to be the team that escapes?

Tim, I hope you can motivate these guys to get a result against the baggies tomorrow because they need to start coming thick and fast if you're going to save us!

I honestly think Weimann is the worst Villa striker/attacking player/whatever you wanna bloody call him I've seen in my 20-odd years as a fan. League 1 standard player.

Complete over reaction. Off the top of my head in recent years we've had Balaban, Bowery, Dawkins, Cartlon, Baros, Marleen Harewood, Stfan & Luke Moore, Marucs Allback, Nathan and ever that was masquerading as Pires!

Its not high praise for Andi but he's been a better player for us than that lot

Edited by Villastine

Also worth remembering that Weimann has hardly ever actually played as a striker.

His final ball pisses me off so he's completely unsuited to his current role imo.

Whilst I'm not defending him, because it's still not good enough, I do think he'd look a lot better if he played as a proper striker. Although maybe our system wouldn't work for him, but you get my point.

• Like 2

If playing someone alongside Benteke it surely has to Weimann? Looks better in that area than out wide.

Just checked out the Roy Keane thread and if it is true about how he angered the players with his attitude you have to wonder if Sherwood will do the same if he starts telling them a few home truths. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying they shouldn't be told. Just wondering how pro-active it would be between now and the end of the season.

I think the way Sherwood would tell them a few home truths would be in a way that doesn't annoy but inspires. Keane was always out for a fight so when he was shouting at players it was likely a very uncomfortable place to be. Sherwood is a lad he's got that cheeky side to him so when he goes into boss mode for a bit, you know to listen. Keane was no doubt in looking for a fight mode 24/7 so it was probably hard to know if he was being genuine or just looking for a rise out of someone.

Not sure publicly stating we should be getting at least a point for every game now. This team has no confidence and putting unrealistic targets like this won't help will it?

We're on 22 points. The lowest total anyone has got and remained in the division is Albion with 34. We have 12 games left. 22+12=34. To be honest, he's stating something that's basically a fact. I mean, it could be slightly less than 34 required, but it'll be there or thereabouts. 

Thinking about it, we only have 11 games left, which means he's even more right.

Think about it again.We ONLY have to finish above QPR,Burnley and Leicester and I cant see them getting anywhere near 28 points.

No way on earth it will be possible to stay up with 29. Or 30, it'll need much more like 34+. Which unless we get 3 more points very very soon, will be completely and utterly beyond us.

I'd be amazed if one of them didn't, it happens every year. If the lowest points tally in PL history is 34 I'd be very surprised if we didn't need 34 to stay up this year.

I'd be amazed if one of them didn't, it happens every year. If the lowest points tally in PL history is 34 I'd be very surprised if we didn't need 34 to stay up this year.

That's the lowest needed to stay up, not the lowest in history. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see that record broken this year. I genuinely think 34 will be enough.

yeah I meant lowest in history that kept you in the league!

34 will probably be enough but some were suggesting getting to 27 or 28 points could keep us in the league. That is really stretching it IMO, no way we stay up with that kind of tally.

Â