The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

i wouldnt object to shearer as his number 2 to be honest. they seem like close friends

I'd rather go for Chris Sutton, if we're going down the route of Sherwood ex-team mates.  I know he didn't much set the world alight as Lincoln's manager, but as a right-hand man I can see his personality complimenting and contrasting with Sherwood's to better effect than Shearer's would; plus he's got a Villa connection.  What's he up to, these days?

If Sherwood keeps this up, he'll be in contention for the England job.

Thus completing the quickest change of opinion in the history of VT

Don't worry, there'll be another one along soon, when we lose a game or two.

Just to set it straight, I haven't changed my mind and my saying he will be in contention for the England job wasn't meant as praise. It was more a comment on how easy it is to be linked with that job if your an English manager. I think Sherwood as a few other factors on his side too.

Im trying to write a comment to reply to this but I cant without getting frustrated and getting some warning points

Well that implies that you want to say something quite nasty. I haven't got a clue what there is to get worked up about from what I've written though.

All I've done is dispute the idea that I've changed my mind and said that It's quite easy to be linked with the England Manager's job.

If you have some strong words to say just say them against the post and not the poster and you should be okay I reckon. Or just send me a PM but I'm not getting into an argument lol.

Love this clip. He is our nutter.

http://youtu.be/MU4wBcFgZyM

I don't really understand what's going on in this. Did Sherwood confront Jorge Jesus because he was dancing about, and then who was that other bloke that Jesus went a bit mad at after, was that because he tripped him a bit? Might've completely misinterpreted that! Lol.

Just to set it straight, I haven't changed my mind and my saying he will be in contention for the England job wasn't meant as praise. It was more a comment on how easy it is to be linked with that job if your an English manager. I think Sherwood as a few other factors on his side too.

Im trying to write a comment to reply to this but I cant without getting frustrated and getting some warning points

Well that implies that you want to say something quite nasty. I haven't got a clue what there is to get worked up about from what I've written though.

All I've done is dispute the idea that I've changed my mind and said that It's quite easy to be linked with the England Manager's job.

If you have some strong words to say just say them against the post and not the poster and you should be okay I reckon. Or just send me a PM but I'm not getting into an argument lol.

I just get very frustrated with your post useless, I dont want to post on poster this is a forum after all and you are entitled to your opinion.

Your original post made no mention of the fact that you were mentioning him in the England frame not as a compliment or as way of saying its easy to get linked to the job, you have confused others by even mentioning it. 

I don't really understand what's going on in this. Did Sherwood confront Jorge Jesus because he was dancing about, and then who was that other bloke that Jesus went a bit mad at after, was that because he tripped him a bit? Might've completely misinterpreted that! Lol.

Check out Demitri's video post on the previous page. Sherwood talks about it in the post match press conference. 

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth.  If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited.   The word 'fickle' springs to mind   :P

• Like 3

"Tim came in and made a couple of points for the lads - a couple of bits and pieces for everyone really.

"I thought the lads delivered that in the second half and were very good.

"He was there and gave some good information to the group. There's a football knowledge there that comes with experience, a lifetime in the game.

"I put across my points for the game and what I thought and what I saw. Then Tim had some input after that.

"It was a few details around the game. It was 'maybe you could try this and maybe you could try that.'

"There was a lot of individual detail there. It was not one sweeping statement.

Scott Marshall on the OS

• Like 1

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth. If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited. The word 'fickle' springs to mind :P

I wouldn't say overreaction, just a shot in the arm for fans who have been bored to tears lately and have had nowt to cheer, a new manager comes in and breaths new life into a ailing club

• Like 2

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth.  If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited.   The word 'fickle' springs to mind   :P

So we should piss Bradford if we get them next, looking at there position??

I just get very frustrated with your post useless, I dont want to post on poster this is a forum after all and you are entitled to your opinion.

Your original post made no mention of the fact that you were mentioning him in the England frame not as a compliment or as way of saying its easy to get linked to the job, you have confused others by even mentioning it. 

I really can't think of anything to say that I haven't already said.

Even if I had meant my original post as it's been seemingly interpreted would that have mattered?

I guess my opinion on Sherwood is just lets wait and see. I still have the same reservations I mentioned in the new Manager thread but am trying to feel positive about it.

No.  

I'll put it a different way, we played a decent half of football which means nothing if we don't do it consistently and build on it. Bit premature for ppl to be saying us and Sherwood are a perfect fit and other such fairy tales until we show that consistency and start doing it in the league. 

• Like 1

Just remember I'm

No.  

I'll put it a different way, we played a decent half of football which means nothing if we don't do it consistently and build on it. Bit premature for ppl to be saying us and Sherwood are a perfect fit and other such fairy tales until we show that consistency and start doing it in the league. 

I agree but the affect it's having on people feeling good is a good thing, if it's reflected in the crowds at the games as that will be a real big help in getting us wins, I guess that's a big part of what the 'honeymoon period' is about.

No, the thought, just play the team in front of you and learn how to win, springs to mind.

good start in that respect, no matter what & who the competition it is.

we have even had our fair share of losing to lower league sides....so any win....is a win.

Edited by TRO

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth. If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited. The word 'fickle' springs to mind :P

What's fickle about being pleased with today?

Â