The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sounds crazy but the one thing (other than survival!) I want over the next few weeks/months, is for fans to be on the same page. Would be nice to have everybody together.

If we are ever going to get it its now. Surely everyone is behind Sherwood and Villa at the moment aren't they?

• Like 1

Spurs fans have not got much good to say about him.

It seems that Ramsey was the brains during his time there, with Sherwood as the mouthpiece.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/tim-sherwood.8360/page-384

Norwich fans said the same about culverhouse being the brains of the operation at Norwich

• Like 3

If Hoddle joins as assistant, that will be the final straw for me.

I can tolerate Sherwood. Hoddle I can not.

Obviously this is all about me and I'm disgusted that the club didn't seek my approval.

Maybe the guy in your name is the answer.

Designer1? He's too busy running his Movie Picture Quiz of Doom, in Donor's paradise.

• Like 1

Seriously we need to forget about the opinion of spurs fans. They were going for top 4 and even had thoughts of winning the league.

We're trying to survive.

Any negative opinions they have of Sherwood is pretty irrelevant to our situation and what we need him to do.

• Like 3

I wouldn't be too upset if glenda is the assistant manager with sherwood. A experienced head is what this new set up needs. Plus I think Hoddle is a reasonable coach but he has no people skills, so should be okay as the guy to do the large part of the training with Sherwood being a Mr Motivator type figure.

Sounds crazy but the one thing (other than survival!) I want over the next few weeks/months, is for fans to be on the same page. Would be nice to have everybody together.

If we are ever going to get it its now. Surely everyone is behind Sherwood and Villa at the moment aren't they?

I'd say fans were more behind Lambert tbh. I want to see the stadium packed out and that old Villa buzz we know and love. The only addiction I have ever had!

It seems that Ramsey was the brains during his time there, with Sherwood as the mouthpiece.

Ramseys been coach at QPR all season...just saying.

We're talking about his time at Spurs.

God, Villa fans make me despair sometimes.

The short memories for a start. How many of those who were at Norwich chanting for Lambert were the same ones recently slagging him off with all the 'worst Villa manager ever' vitriol?

Probably the same ones who for the last few weeks were saying sack Lambert, because anyone - anyone at all - would be an improvement.

Sherwood is not a likeable chap? Neither were Saunders or Ferguson.

It looks to me like he was the man the club wanted AND we were the club he wanted. That's good enough for me.

I completely agree Mike.

And who knows? If he keeps us up, maybe we'll buy a few Spurs players because of his contacts. Sigurdsson, Holtby.. Etc

Think he could go for first team vs Stoke

Guzan

Hutton Vlaar Okore Cissokho

Sanchez Delph

Grealish      Gil            N'Zogbia/Sinclair

Benteke

I think Gil out wide and Grealish through the middle would provide greater benefit.  Jack played well there for Notts County and he ran the show from in the hole when I saw him play against Newport two pre seasons ago

Either way it looks a lot better than the current mundanity of Weimann / Gabby / Westwood / Cleverly

Hopefully Sherwood can make VP a tough place for teams to visit. For too many years we have been a soft touch at home. 

Agree, wonder what his home record is like? was he better at home or away from home? sample size of course isn't enough but should give a brief idea of what to expect I guess.

And what I'm saying I've not seen a lot of good coaching at QPR this season.

And what I'm saying I've not seen a lot of good coaching at QPR this season.

but they had football genius glenn Hoddle as coach

Â