The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We have no option to support him and I'm sure we all will.

But my god we are going to look the biggest bunch of clowns if he takes us down.

im afraid we are already on our way down. I think Mourinho would have problems keeping us up.

mind you if Sherwood does keep us up he will be a hero.

I was hoping for something that was never going to be delivered with this appointment alone - complete change at AVFC. I was being unrealistic but I think we all probably want an end to lerner's reign sooner rather than later. Happy with Sherwood though. I hope he goes back for his head coach at QPR, that would completely destabilise them and they are our direct competitor for the third relegation spot.

Can we not follow the other famous sporting Tim and build a big hill outside the big screen back of the Holte so anyone who can't isn't the ground can sit on Sherwood Hill? *grabs coat, makes for saloon doors*

maybe could build a forest instead of a hill ;)

Balls, was so thinking of the Tim reference the Sherwood Forest reference passed by. I wasn't seeing the woods for the trees tbh [emoji6]

But my god we are going to look the biggest bunch of clowns if he takes us down.

im afraid we are already on our way down. I think Mourinho would have problems keeping us up.

I don't think keeping us up will be rocket science be honest. No fancy stuff, do the basics and that'll be enough with the players available

• Like 1

He hasn't actually signed a player before has he? Wonder what the policy will be in that regard.

Did he sign christian Erikson or was in charge when they signed him?

Edit - no he didn't. Thought they signed eriksen in the January window when Sherwood was in charge

Edited by Jimzk5

Hopefully he knows that!

Always liked and wanted him here as a player. Was a leader, grafter, bollocks'd his own team mates if they Ballsed up. If he has half the will to succeed here as a manager as he was a captain and midfielder then he'll get my backing.

• Like 4

Does Sherwood have his Pro License yet?

Did we just appoint a man not qualified (in the most basic sense) for the job?

I believe he Is in the final stages of getting his A license.

Not that having these qualifications mean anything at all.

• Like 2

Having given this a little thought today I think it might be a clever appointment. He is a tough disciplinarian who expects very high standards which to be honest is exactly what we need. I always felt towards the end of the Lambert reign he had lost the dressing room and the players were not playing for him, well at least some of them. I think Gabby had better watch out.

He's not everyone's choice by a long chalk but he gets my 100% support as Villa manager unless or until there is a reason not to give that support. I did the same with Paul Lambert.

Â