The Greatest Non-Villa Match You've Ever Seen

maqroll

Barca 5-0 Madrid a few years ago was the one that came to mind immediately. I've never seen a team so thoroughly outplayed. A team that cost hundreds of millions too. It was just serene. Probably the peak of tiki-taka as well.

• Like 1

Liverpool 0-2 Chelsea. Just perfect, Gerrard saying that they wouldn't let this **** slip, only to slip two weeks later in a game that would have virtually guarenteed them the title was so funny, just amazing and great justice for everyone who had it rammed down their throats from March onwards that they as neutrals wanted Liverpool to win the league. **** you Liverpool and especially that word removed Gerrard.

article-2623207-1D66477500000578-774_634

Cheers Stevie Me.

City 3-2 QPR- I hate how often we are reminded of it by Tyler et all, but what a game. Aguero winning it in the last minute after QPR had been better than that all the game. As much as I dislike them, to see their team win their first league title in god knows how long over the fierce rivals with the last kick of the game must have been a really special moment for all their proper fans.

99, Champions League Final- No team will ever complete that sort of comeback ever again, truly remarkable. Without their two best midfielders in their biggest game in years and then they produce that. It summed up that never say die attitude that they had under Ferguson, as annoying as it was. 

07, Champions League Final- Sweet justice for AC Milan to beat those words removed after Istanbul, **** you Liverpool.

Brazil 1-7 Germany- What a truly remarkable game that was, just surreal. Seeing the hosts in the World Cup semi final being demolshied by a truly great German side was brilliant, especially after all the cheating, diving, dirty fouls etc that Brazil had been getting away with throughout the tournament and with all that Forza Neymar bollocks before the match aswell.

• Like 1

Barca 5-0 Madrid a few years ago was the one that came to mind immediately. I've never seen a team so thoroughly outplayed. A team that cost hundreds of millions too. It was just serene. Probably the peak of tiki-taka as well.

That was an amazing game.

You're right, the peak of tiki-taka. Beautiful stuff

1998 play off final.  Charlton 4-4 Sunderland (7-6 pens), an absolute classic and there is never more at stake than there is in a play off final.

Yeah this was the one I was trying to remember. I remembered Charlton won, but not who they were playing. I also remember Clive Mendonca scored a hat trick in the game. I watched it down the pub with my friends, and considering none of us supported either team it was a riveting match.

England 5 - Germany 1 was pretty damn good. England 4 - Holland 1 at Euro 96 was great as well. From the point of view of not supporting either side, Liverpool 3 - AC Milan 3 in the Champions League Final was special.

Great shouts, Those 3 plus the Germany 7-1 are the ones that spring to my mind as well

Yeah that one. I didn't know it was on the telly - I was just channel surfing and came across it as it kicked off. I thought "I'll give it fine minutes". 95 minutes of football later, it was the most I've ever enjoyed watching a game on the telly. I couldn't give a hoot for either club, didn't care what the result was going to be, but the standard of football Barcelona played was just out of this world.

Serene is one word for it - sublime would be my choice. Quite astoundingly good.

• Like 1

chelsea-leeds 1970 cup final replay.real mans game :thumb:

I remember watching that with my dad, trying to decide which team was the dirtiest. We concluded Leeds, but there wasn't much in it.
  • Like 1

Holland 2 - 3 Czech Republic from Euro 2004.

Absolutely amazing match. Great goals, great near misses, superb saves.

That was the beautiful game

Was gonna say the same. Remember Nedved running with the ball at speed and unleashing a 35 yarder that smashed the bar. Was it 3-2 or 3-3 in the end?
3-2

Holland were 2-0 up and the Czechs came back and won it.

Nedved's shot was unreal.

There was also 2 unbelievable saves in that game. Cech's was one of the best I've ever seen.

Would live to find some proper highlights online. The only ones I can find are ones with shitty music or ones of just the goals

Holland 2 - 3 Czech Republic from Euro 2004.

Absolutely amazing match. Great goals, great near misses, superb saves.

That was the beautiful game

Was gonna say the same. Remember Nedved running with the ball at speed and unleashing a 35 yarder that smashed the bar. Was it 3-2 or 3-3 in the end?
3-2

Holland were 2-0 up and the Czechs came back and won it.

Nedved's shot was unreal.

There was also 2 unbelievable saves in that game. Cech's was one of the best I've ever seen.

Would live to find some proper highlights online. The only ones I can find are ones with shitty music or ones of just the goals

I have it on tape somewhere but no VCR :(

Â