Carles Gil

bose

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Gil is our saviour

amazingly we have never won a league game with Gil playing. cant be a coincidence at this stage 1 goal and 1 assist in nearly 900 minutes at the club

Just out of interest how many assists and goals does Jack have if we are using league football?

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That Gil is our saviour

amazingly we have never won a league game with Gil playing. cant be a coincidence at this stage 1 goal and 1 assist in nearly 900 minutes at the club

Has anyone called him a saviour?  Has anyone actually done this?

You're right though.  We're way better without him - results show it.  Jack Grealish has delivered 1 goal and 1 assist in over 1,500 minutes playing in the Premier League.  Far superior!

Just found out Grealish stats, in 1516 minutes of football he has scored 1 goal and 1 assists, but not to worry he won a few league games because Benteke played. Gil and Grealish are both very good players, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'd rather somehow getting both of them in the team as it will help our side.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

people were calling for the previous managers head when we were winning games for not playing him

And claiming he was a bully, didn't like foreign players, had an ego too big to let a player signed by Lambert save us and that they had no faith in him because he didn't rate said player.  Ridiculous OTT fuss for a player who still hasn't proved he can be a difference maker. 

• Like 1

jfc, even if everything youre saying is 100%...why are guys still talking about it as if people still think it? peoples opinions change. i havent seen any posts similar to what you guys are saying this year so stop the whole "hes over rated because [insert stupid quote from last year]". 

• Like 1

well I dont think he is overrated because of a quote I think he is overrated because he doesnt really offer us much when he has played. As I said earlier good technique, decent left foot but no speed or strength 

Even on Sunday when he came on, he didn't have much cutting edge but the mere fact that he searched for the ball, picked it up in almost any position and his first instinct was to look up seemed to give a bit of confidence to others.  I'd love to see him at the tip of a midfield 3.  I don't care much for the cause and correlation stuff, I'd just like to see what he can do if played in an advanced central midfield role, preferably with Ayew up top, Traore and Grealish out wide.

1 hour ago, SikhInTrinity said:

Just found out Grealish stats, in 1516 minutes of football he has scored 1 goal and 1 assists, but not to worry he won a few league games because Benteke played. Gil and Grealish are both very good players, they both have their strengths and weaknesses. I'd rather somehow getting both of them in the team as it will help our side.

I don't know where you got your stats from because I can remember two assists plus one from a corner.

1 hour ago, SikhInTrinity said:

The one that setup Cleverley against West Ham and for Delph against Liverpool, corner against Everton

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

people were calling for the previous managers head when we were winning games for not playing him

Well 1, no they weren't.

And 2. Fancy somebody calling for the manager's head for not agreeing with their own team selections

On 12/14/2015 at 05:53, Zatman said:

If he starts Sinclair next week then I think he should go

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sinclair is probably the worst player to play for this club, if he does play the manager needs his head sorted

I wouldnt be saying it if Garde was winning everyweek though

Yeah but you're in favour of giving managers time, aren't you?

I mean you said Sherwood deserved more time, despite the fact we were losing every week.

But now you want Garde gone after 5 games because he picked a player you don't like.

Seems a bit hypocritical, no?

Edited by Stevo985

Â