Carles Gil

bose

He's certainly not worth all the fuss made about him last season and this season he's not looked like a player who will make much difference to a result. 

But he is a talented player and we have a serious lack of those at the football club right now. He should be a fairly regular player, starting some games and coming off the bench in others.

Be interesting to see if he stays. I'd imagine he will take the piss in the championship. 

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This is really the extent of the "fuss" you mention. This is all people are and have been saying.

It really wasn't. It was wanting the manager, who'd been in charge for a few games, sacked just because of it. It was much more than just I think Gil should play. 

55 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

It really wasn't. It was wanting the manager, who'd been in charge for a few games, sacked just because of it. It was much more than just I think Gil should play. 

You're obsessed with that comment :D

And as it turns out, the person who said it was right. In fact, had we known what a shambles Sherwood would end up being, I think if you'd have replaced "Carles Gil" with Kieran Richardson most people would still agree with it.

• Like 1

On 15/12/2015 at 21:59, Zatman said:

Yep he is terribly overrated, he is good technically but has no pace or a right foot and maybe does take too many touches just like Wilkins said, He actually reminds me of Bannan

Wanting our (probable) best player technically to start games now makes him "terribly overrated" :D

VT is **** gold all the **** time.  I love it!

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

Wanting our (probable) best player technically to start games now makes him "terribly overrated" :D

VT is **** gold all the **** time.  I love it!

for our best technical player to have no right foot probably damages the fact he is our best technical player

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You're obsessed with that comment :D

And as it turns out, the person who said it was right. In fact, had we known what a shambles Sherwood would end up being, I think if you'd have replaced "Carles Gil" with Kieran Richardson most people would still agree with it.

It wasn't jusr one comment. There was a load of ridiculous OTT fuss made, its still there for all to see. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

people were calling for the previous managers head when we were winning games for not playing him

I don't recall it quite the same way. Sure, no one dug Zoggy's inclusion ahead of Gil for the most part, but we weren't exactly on a Sherwood manhunt during our short stint when we actually managed to win games.

• Like 1

Â