Carles Gil

bose

On 15/12/2015 at 00:09, Zatman said:

I dont understand this comment especially the Valencia/La Liga comment. Luna has played La Liga doesnt make him some superior player

Funny how you ignored the rest of the comments in that post. And Luna never successfully played there. He was shit over there. Elche fans loved Gil and he even scored a great goal with his no right foot. He just didn't have the confidence to take the shot on his right because your mate Tim has destroyed his confidence. We haven't won a league game with Gil? We haven't won many without him either.  Doesn't mean nothing. 

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Tom's destroyed his ability to take a shot with his right foot? Come on. 

Yes. When a player is down on confidence they take extra touches.. or dont shoot.. choose to pass. He doesnt look the same player that was playing under Lambert.

Also to be fair he played with better players.. Delph Benteke etc. Where as now we have shit players all over the park.

He has scored goals with his right so it cant be too bad with it.

9 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Even on Sunday when he came on, he didn't have much cutting edge but the mere fact that he searched for the ball, picked it up in almost any position and his first instinct was to look up seemed to give a bit of confidence to others.  I'd love to see him at the tip of a midfield 3.  I don't care much for the cause and correlation stuff, I'd just like to see what he can do if played in an advanced central midfield role, preferably with Ayew up top, Traore and Grealish out wide.

This is what I want. With Veretout and one of Gana, Westwood or Sanchez in the middle.

Gil is our David Silva - he's not as good as Silva, but then we are not as good as City.

What has he done to deserve such praise. Yes he is technically superb but how many assists has he got? How many goals ? how many games has he actually controlled and made the difference ? how many chances does he create? I think a lot  of fans are in love with the idea of Gil as the Spanish playmaker extradinaire rather than the facts that he has produced very little in the year he has been here and doesn't show signs of doing so. 

• Like 2

If this is true I'm not happy. He's not been given a run in the side to be able to gain confidence and consistency. His quality is clear. Surely this can't be true. Not the point but I would rather keep Gil over Grealish if I was forced to choose. 

Â